Facebook

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Does anyone here have the few friends on Facebook that think they need to share their deep personal life drama in the form of status updates. Usually when I update mine the most personal I get is, 'watching tv'. I just think it is a bit silly to broadcast how turbulent your love life is or stuff like that.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I usually get reprimanded for mine. :confused: Who cares if I'm calling the girl outside Shamu when she's tanning? The truth hurts! :biggrin:

Reactions: Cyznutz

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Do what I do. Just copy their facebook status for about a month. They'll stop.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My status gets updated maybe once a week at most. Did update it today, though - said "...took a long walk today - too bad I couldn't find the short pier...:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Totally amused by the status updates I see there.

"**** all of you, I hate you".

"My life sucks"

"Worst day ever"

"All you ******* are just jealous"

etc.

And of course, all that drama is always the fault of someone else. Ha!

Same for the status updates and bulletins on myspace.

Fortunately I just use it for business and that's it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
"XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX is going to get bent over by this math final, and most likely won't even get a thank you."

"XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX is set your language to English (Pirate). Now."

Just a select couple :wink:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
"XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX is going to get bent over by this math final, and most likely won't even get a thank you."

"XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX is set your language to English (Pirate). Now."

Just a select couple :wink:

The bolded one is a good example of how people either need to take out the "is," or format it like a sentence. You'll also see:

"XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX is Go Vikings!"

Also - when did it become acceptable to post a picture you took of yourself in the john???

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
"is"....is no longer part of the standard facebook status from what I can tell, but that always amused me too.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
"is"....is no longer part of the standard facebook status from what I can tell, but that always amused me too.

I didn't think so, either - which means that I think some people type it back in?!?

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
They actually removed the "is" from the status. Now it just says "XXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYY _____________________."

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The bolded one is a good example of how people either need to take out the "is," or format it like a sentence. You'll also see:

"XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX is Go Vikings!"

Also - when did it become acceptable to post a picture you took of yourself in the john???

Easy on the personal attacks Angie. Said offender is a frequent visitor here. :wideeyed::wink:

and to the second: :confused:

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
The bolded one is a good example of how people either need to take out the "is," or format it like a sentence.

All your base are belong to us!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg]YouTube - All Your Base Are Belong To Us[/ame]

Reactions: Angie

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
What did these people do before facebook? If I wanted to have someone give me a different bible verse each day I'm sure I could sign up for it. I am going to start dumping these people soon but I'm holding out for another free whopper.