Fallout TV series

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Just hope it's better than their attempt at Lord of the Rings... Definitely looks promising!

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
I ended up playing 76 about a year ago. It was actually pretty solid, they added a ton to the game after it released.
Did a full playthrough at launch, admittedly I definitely got my money's worth out of it just wasn't up to the level of the previous games. Probably should reinstall and go back for round 2 with the added content since I'm bored with Starfield at this point.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Did a full playthrough at launch, admittedly I definitely got my money's worth out of it just wasn't up to the level of the previous games. Probably should reinstall and go back for round 2 with the added content since I'm bored with Starfield at this point.
I still log into Fallout 76 daily if only to do the daily challenges. It's not punitive for F2P players and they update regularly.

And I've heard your comments a lot about Starfield. Think I'll wait till they drop a big update on it before I dive into it.

As for the Fallout TV show...can't wait!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I never really got into the games, mostly because I'd get motion sick whenever I tried playing them - but this show...

e6f

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I liked the lord of the rings show. Sure it was not the movies, but it was worth the time.
Most of it yes, but man there was a lot of filler. Visually stunning though.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
I still log into Fallout 76 daily if only to do the daily challenges. It's not punitive for F2P players and they update regularly.

And I've heard your comments a lot about Starfield. Think I'll wait till they drop a big update on it before I dive into it.

As for the Fallout TV show...can't wait!
On Starfield, there is a ton of places where you can tell content was cut to make the launch date. When you get to about 3/4 though the main quest line you are nearly invincible and everything begins to seem like a grind instead of a challenge. Lots and lots of running through empty areas for very little payoff.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
On Starfield, there is a ton of places where you can tell content was cut to make the launch date. When you get to about 3/4 though the main quest line you are nearly invincible and everything begins to seem like a grind instead of a challenge. Lots and lots of running through empty areas for very little payoff.

Honestly it feels like they did a major rework of the story and were in a rush with it.

I'd bet that the original main quest sent you into the UC\Vanguard and had you doing those missions, all the way through the terrormorph threat. Those quests (and the freestar side too) were a lot more fleshed out. The beginning of that UC Vanguard questline sending you through the museum is also a big intro to the underlying lore of the game, which would make a lot of sense if you were routed into that right away.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
That's too bad. I was so looking forward to that game. I'll probably still play it but wait til all the great modders out there "fix" it.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I loved Fallout (especially 3 and New Vegas). Can’t wait for this!

Also, I loved Starfield. Rolled credits playing as a good guy. Started NG+ and did the Crimson Fleet faction quest. Great game.

Reactions: CloneIce

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I bought 4 for PS4 this week for only $10. Never really got into these games, but I'm enjoying it. Excited to see Jonathon Nolan and Michael Emerson working together again.