Fallout TV series

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My usual trend with shows like this is to watch the first episode with my spouse. If he likes it, we watch the rest together. If he doesn't like it but I do, I don't have to wait around for when he's able to sit down & watch. :D

He's not a big fan of apocalyptic fiction and neither of us are gamers. I didn't know about this show until I saw Walter Goggins promoting it on the late night shows.

We just finished the season...we want MORE! And Lucy had me at the very first "okey-dokey". :D

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My usual trend with shows like this is to watch the first episode with my spouse. If he likes it, we watch the rest together. If he doesn't like it but I do, I don't have to wait around for when he's able to sit down & watch. :D

He's not a big fan of apocalyptic fiction and neither of us are gamers. I didn't know about this show until I saw Walter Goggins promoting it on the late night shows.

We just finished the season...we want MORE! And Lucy had me at the very first "okey-dokey". :D
I'll watch anything with Goggins.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I really wanted to like that show he had a couple of years back about the divorced dad with two daughters...but the supporting characters were just too nasty. Goggins, however, is a gem.
If it was network TV, it was guaranteed to suck. I don't know why they even bother.

• Winner
Reactions: cyguy9320

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Season 1 definitely checked all the boxes.

Created the world and the vibe, introduced and developed the main characters, including a proper villain, and captured attention with a good storyline.

This has a ton of potential because there was an existing audience and they certainly expanded it, plus the Fallout world has endless possibilities with the factions, creatures and assorted misfits.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

My wife hates apocalypse stuff and really liked this show. Seems to be a trend there.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone start playing the games again after watching it?

I've never played New Vegas so I thought about booting that up. I also have some interest in messing around with 1 and 2 before it was a shooter.
Haha, yep. Downloaded New Vegas to play for the first time after watching the show.

Reactions: Bigman38

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

I've never played New Vegas so I thought about booting that up. I also have some interest in messing around with 1 and 2 before it was a shooter.
i am really hoping 1 and 2 get a full scale remaster in the coming year. those games were great and would appeal to those that liked the BG3 playstyle.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

3 is the only 3D one I've played. Now that 4 got enhanced I'm waiting for the GOTY version on PS5 to go on sale. If you haven't played many/any isometric CRPGs you may not much care for the originals

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
3 is the only 3D one I've played. Now that 4 got enhanced I'm waiting for the GOTY version on PS5 to go on sale. If you haven't played many/any isometric CRPGs you may not much care for the originals

Yeah I think my interest in those first two is going to depend a lot on whether I can find some cheat mods or something like that to smooth out some of those speedbumps.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

New Vegas is regarded as the best game by most hardcore nerds. Then many say Fallout 3 edges out fallout 4. The first two games and the tactics game are kind of their own animals as they aren't first person shooters but many think they are the best in the series. You can't really go wrong.

I did re-download fallout 4 after watching the series. I've been enjoying it. They just released a next Gen up date for it but you won't notice much difference if you're on a PC. It mostly upgraded the console version of the game and broke a lot of the modded work arounds that were already in play with the PC game.