Fans: Quit basking in the glory of ESPN and the praise and do your REAL job!

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
What's your job you ask? Fandom 101...

1) Be the Magic that assists ISU in a win over KU and the rest of our foes this year.

2) Help the Cyclones! How's that you may wonder?

3) Stand and yell your heads off after EVERY made basket This motivates our players to dig in and get AFTER it on defense. Applaud and scream your rear off after big hussle plays. ENCOURAGE!!! During the Oky State game I saw Asst Coaches and players pleading you to get up and yell by raising their arms up over and over again!!! Don't worry about the people behind you - get up, stay up and raise your arms to encourage them to get up and cheer too. Passion for your team will never **** anyone off behind or beside you off. Its a chain reaction and you CAN make the difference.

4) Make Hilton THE MOST RUCKUS environment in the nation! I realize the students were not in session for Oky St but the rest of you have been around the block many more times than these kids and know what it takes to pull the team thru! I hope this assistance begins tomorrow.

5) See # 3. The result... #1 !!!

LETS GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!
I'm sure some are gonna knock this post, but I love the overall message. Set aside the smartphones. Set aside everything and just go nuts for great basketball in Hilton. We need unrestrained enthusiasm, and we need to enjoy this moment because it's special and there are not guarantees going forward. I say that as someone who sat in the student section during Tinsley/Fizer. Didn't think it would end. GO CYCLONES!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I'm sure some are gonna knock this post, but I love the overall message. Set aside the smartphones. Set aside everything and just go nuts for great basketball in Hilton. We need unrestrained enthusiasm, and we need to enjoy this moment because it's special and there are not guarantees going forward. I say that as someone who sat in the student section during Tinsley/Fizer. Didn't think it would end. GO CYCLONES!

For sure enjoy the moment, and nobody should be checking their GD phone when we are playing against the team that's won the league 11 billion times in a row, with college goddamn gameday there. It should go without saying, though I know why the OP said it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think if the crowd hits it's free throws we should win this game no problem.

Crowd's gotta D it up too. Hope they're clutch.

Last year there was a lot of hype surrounding this game, and ISU sorta went out, looked tight, and laid an egg.

I just want to see ISU go out and play like they expect nothing but the best from themselves, lay it out, and see what happens.

L

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It'd be kinda nice if we lived in a world where people just went places without phones to begin with.

That's probably for another thread/topic anyhow.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
loud-noises.jpg

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Iowa State University will be hit hard with thousands of dollars worth of noise violations, starting as early as 9 in the morning.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Mandatory viewing for all ticketholders should be the Lafester game when our team couldn't hear their names getting announced the first time for introductions.

chris-farley-gif.gif

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
OP should also note NO playing games on your phone/ipad or reading a book.

And NO bathroom breaks, that shows a total lack of commitment. I wanna see the urine cascading down the stairs like a waterfall and the floors looking like a gorilla cage.
Go Clones!

ByronRiceAlum

Dec 28, 2009
Thanks captain obvious. Don't forget to remind people to breath.

Cptn Obvious wonders why Cornell Mann and some of the players had to encourage fans to encourage during Oky State. Ask them if it matters. Ask the Seahawks or Chiefs if fan involvement makes a difference.

Just a reminder before this big game! Frankly fans' involvement is just as large as having a good coach or players. The William Penn Weenies could beat KU with the right crowd behind them.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Cptn Obvious wonders why Cornell Mann and some of the players had to encourage fans to encourage during Oky State. Ask them if it matters. Ask the Seahawks or Chiefs if fan involvement makes a difference.

Just a reminder before this big game! Frankly fans' involvement is just as large as having a good coach or players. The William Penn Weenies could beat KU with the right crowd behind them.

No, they couldn't. You're trying for a nice sentiment, but the crowd doesn't matter without the talent and coaching to get the job done.