Favorite FBS program outside of Iowa State?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I've been to most schools new and old.
WV has GREAT fans. They will absolutely offer you moonshine and invite you to their tailgates.
Worst, and it isn't close is Mizzou. Racist comments everywhere.
Texas surprisingly has good fans.
Every ISU fan should make the road trip to Morgantown at least once, just a beautiful area, especially in the late fall when the trees are turning. Great fans, they were shocked we had driven all the way from Iowa, and were more than happy to share plenty of moonshine, and food. The group across from us set up a bar using wooden pallets, starting mixing drinks for everyone. I asked to go behind, he had the blender up in running for crushing ice and make fruity drinks. Poured a mean rum and coke.

Overall, just great people and would love to go again.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Rather not say, buts is like 10 minutes from their house to the S. Carolina campus. Really a very pretty area, I could retire in the area. Close to the ocean, and the mountains, both a few hours away at most.

Really surprised that there is not more parking around the stadium, but I did really think the train cars were cool, would be a fun way to tailgate before and after the game.
Not sure where you tailgated but there is tons of parking compared to other sec schools. Cockabooses are cool. The whole fairgrounds and Gamecock village put it about on par with Jack Trice or somewhat close which crushes other sec parking I've been to.

I lived downtown cola but traveled around the state a bit, lots of cool areas in South Carolina for sure.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
I’d have to go Washington State, Minnesota, NC State. All three remind me of us in a lot of ways. Minnesota playing their bowl game shortly had me thinking about this.

Also a big fan of Coastal Carolina at the G5 level.
UNO
A grad.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Iowa State X 10, then its who I dislike the least. Starts with:
1) anyone playing Iowa in anything
2) any Big 12 playing out of conference
3) in football everyone in Big 12 against, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma in that order
4) in basketball everyone in conference against Kansas, Baylor, Texas
5)In football anyone playing Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, Nebraska and Penn St.
6) In basketball, anyone playing Duke, NC, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan St.

Frog

May 6, 2021
It was Florida State, now its Washington. Sat it will be Kentucky.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
This is the second NCST rep on this thread which i know isn’t a lot but really seems like a lot considering it is barley top 3 in their own state.
Good academics, good men and womens athletics.
Similar to ISU in many ways.
Hopefully get some matchups sometime in Raleigh with ISU in FB, BB (M or W), Wrestling, softball.

Couple local kids actually going to ISU for academics. Legacy

Iowast8isgr8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2010
Oregon State, Washington State, because they are both in the same position in their states that we are in ours, although I used to love watching Oregon's offense. At lower levels, Wyoming (love Laramie and War Memorial Stadium and Wyoming's Arena-Auditorium in basketball) and South Dakota State (lived near there for a bit, and many friends attended)

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I follow the Jackrabbits of South Dakota State since I was born and raised in South Dakota. Other than that, I always root for the underdog to beat ranked teams.

Reactions: ianjbark3r

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron