Favorite/Least Favorite Christmas Carol?

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Favorite:
Kenny G Miracles-The Holiday Album was played on an infinite loop at my parent's house and still is to this day. Thanks to this, I can't go a holiday without listening to it.

Honorable Mention:
Anything from Karen Carpenter.

Least Favorite:
We all know it...the Paul McCartney soulsucker of a Christmas song.

Dishonorable Mention:
See "Least Favorite". (It takes a special musical talent to make my #1 and #2 worst).

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
Mount Rushmore of Christmas singers

Nat "King" Cole
Big Crosby
Dean Martin
Elvis

Every year I try to pick a favorite. Some years it's Nat. Others Bing or Dean. Elvis was my top dog for years.

But, in the sprit of Christmas I'll just say they're all amazing

Edit: OK. Grinch time. Favorite Things...sucks. Every version
Are you referring to My Favorite Things? The lyrics are corny, to be sure. Coltrane's version is exquisite, however.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I will toss out Dan Fogelberg’s “Same Old Lang Syne” as one I always enjoy due to you can tell he puts his actual heart into the lyrics.

It’s not a Christmas carol, but it’s played during this time of year exclusively since it’s a story on Christmas Eve.

Others I love:
All Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby
“Sending you a Little Christmas” by Johnny Mathis is really good, as is Josh Groban’s “Believe” from Polar Express.

Least favorites:
“Do They Know It’s Christmastime?”
“War is Over” (only Lennon’s version because of stomp Ono, as Groban again does an excellent version

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I really like most Christmas songs. But I especially hate "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." Especially the Jackson 5 version. The thing about a child witnessing adultery, and wondering what dad will think and do. I have an idea of what Joe Jackson would have done, and I don't think it's Christmas Song material.
Maybe someone already pointed this out, but Santa was Daddy...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Had a very spirited debate about Little Drummer Boy with my wife the other day. I think it's the absolute worst Christmas song there is. Nothing beautiful or melodic about it. Just a bunch of non-sense words. She loves it and says it's in her top 3, which is, of course, factually incorrect.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Sorry , but this is kind of off topic,but this guy is considered a mashup master and this is downright brilliant