Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Steven's Point Whole Hog Pumpkin

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
BUMP:
My wife just sent me a text. We are taking the kiddos to Anamosa Pumpkinfest tomorrow. To celebrate she just picked up 2 six packs of Schlafly. Let the weekend begin!

Good choice, already gone through 2 Schlafly 6er's this month. Haven't seen my Shipyard yet, but those two are definitely my favorites.

I tried Red Hook Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter this week, it mostly just tasted like a porter to me.

Had an O'Fallon too, probably would be my 3rd choice.

Oktoberfest wise, I tried a Steven's Point, it tasted like a Bud Light Oktoberfest. Haven't seen their pumpkin. I also had Goose Oktoberfest but I'd had a few before so can't judge too much on the taste but it was good. I enjoy anything Leinenkugel's so their's was good. I didn't like Exile's very much, it was pretty bitter. Was that just a bad experience? Had a 6 pack and wasn't a big fan. I also tried a Paulaner, it tasted similar to a Sam Adam's, both really smooth and good. I'd put Leinenkugel and the last two as my favorite's for Oktoberfest.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Good choice, already gone through 2 Schlafly 6er's this month. Haven't seen my Shipyard yet, but those two are definitely my favorites.

I tried Red Hook Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter this week, it mostly just tasted like a porter to me.

Had an O'Fallon too, probably would be my 3rd choice.

Oktoberfest wise, I tried a Steven's Point, it tasted like a Bud Light Oktoberfest. Haven't seen their pumpkin. I also had Goose Oktoberfest but I'd had a few before so can't judge too much on the taste but it was good. I enjoy anything Leinenkugel's so their's was good. I didn't like Exile's very much, it was pretty bitter. Was that just a bad experience? Had a 6 pack and wasn't a big fan. I also tried a Paulaner, it tasted similar to a Sam Adam's, both really smooth and good. I'd put Leinenkugel and the last two as my favorite's for Oktoberfest.

I remember last year at this time, I got a 6 pack of Leine's Harvest Patch Shandy. It had to be my mood beer, because that night I loved it. Tried it again a couple times after that hoping for the same pallet and never got the same satisfaction and it just went down hill as it went on.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I remember last year at this time, I got a 6 pack of Leine's Harvest Patch Shandy. It had to be my mood beer, because that night I loved it. Tried it again a couple times after that hoping for the same pallet and never got the same satisfaction and it just went down hill as it went on.

Yeah I didn't like their Harvest Patch, too spicy or something for my liking, I'm more of the pumpkin pie tasting type. I tried the Blue Moon version and it was good but I'd had a few before that too so I'd have to give it another try.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Shipyard smashed pumpkin was pretty good from what I remember.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Elysian has nailed it with their pumpkin beers. I love pumpkin and have yet found a better one.

Elysian Night Owl is their best in my opinion, followed by the Dark-O-The-Moon. Their Punkuccino is good too, but usually one is all i can handle.

I guess there is a good side to the big boys buying out these breweries. We would have never gotten this in Iowa.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If your a pumpkin beer fan, El Bait Shop is having a pumpkin event Thursday at 5pm. Elysian will have like 7 different pumpkin taps including a pumpkin coffee that rates 4 on untappd.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I really dig the Blvd Pumpkin Sour

Was going to add this one too. It's called Boulevard Funky Pumpkin. Tastes like a half sour, half pumpkin beer - it sounds disgusting but if you are into light sours, it's one of the best beers I've had recently. I think its only out through October and can be found at Hy-Vee. Definitely worth a try.

https://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/funky-pumpkin/

The Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is also delicious. And it's 8%.

http://schlafly.com/beers/styles/pumpkin-ale/

Reactions: dmclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron