FAWcast: Episode 124

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Doing something great is different than doing anything at all. Too much of the celebrity name is given for doing nothing.....

1) that is your opinion and as I pointed out before, what you or I think is a celebrity or worthy of celebrity doesn't matter.
2) what constitutes doing 'nothing'? because technically they are doing something. They are appearing on a tv show. Celebrity is mostly about being known. Nothing else.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Probably because it was only 35 mins and not 60. What am I supposed to listen to on my way home from work now?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
1) that is your opinion and as I pointed out before, what you or I think is a celebrity or worthy of celebrity doesn't matter.
2) what constitutes doing 'nothing'? because technically they are doing something. They are appearing on a tv show. Celebrity is mostly about being known. Nothing else.
Dude, this is my opinion, and my opinion matters to me... By nothing I am referencing doing anything of value, reality TV has little to no entertainment value 'imo', thus I refuse to acknowledge them as celebrities. TMZ and the rest of the scum-worthy media outlets, that make people celebrities are what makes this world what it is.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Short episode. Talked about ESPN layoffs, drunk driving, death, and how ISU's basketball recruiting efforts haven't been panning out. I did enjoy hearing about Mangino and Coach Campbell though.

Ya shorter episodes get a little annoying, especially when c dub's attitude to start off the episode is basically 'i don't want to be here, let's just knock this out and go'. I've noticed that on a few podcasts.

I'd listen to a 3 hour podcast of some like minded people from the area just BS'n about all sorts of crap. Anything to get through the work day!

edit: not bagging on c-dub at all either as I do enjoy his takes and what he contributes. I also realize he's really busy with so many other things going on, just maybe not announce it when setting the tone for things like it's an obligation. A lot of other popular podcasts/shows do the same thing though.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
You know my feelings on the Bachelor. I didn't go to his house to interview him b/c I think the show is ridiculous and you only go on that show for publicity, not to find love.

But I'm not sure how you can say he's not a celebrity. He was the main focus of one of the most watched shows on television for 3 months. Each episode was watched by 8-10 million americans.

I saw earlier this week that this story was the lead off on NBC's "Today Show."

Lots of (alleged) drunk drivers kill people every day and do not make the national news :confused:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Ya shorter episodes get a little annoying, especially when c dub's attitude to start off the episode is basically 'i don't want to be here, let's just knock this out and go'. I've noticed that on a few podcasts.

I'd listen to a 3 hour podcast of some like minded people from the area just BS'n about all sorts of crap. Anything to get through the work day!

edit: not bagging on c-dub at all either as I do enjoy his takes and what he contributes. I also realize he's really busy with so many other things going on, just maybe not announce it when setting the tone for things like it's an obligation. A lot of other popular podcasts/shows do the same thing though.

My apologies.

Yesterday was very rare though. We started at 10:45 and all three had meetings to get to, mine starting at 11:30. Need more hours in the day.

• Friendly
Reactions: Farnsworth

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My apologies.

Yesterday was very rare though. We started at 10:45 and all three had meetings to get to, mine starting at 11:30. Need more hours in the day.

Ya I hear ya. I'll take 30 minutes over skipping the week :)

Solution: Wait till Friday at 9 pm, get together with some cases of Busch Light and a few bottles of Malort, drink heavily, and then riff for a few hours.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and JHUNSY

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016

These fellas will be starting a podcast here in a couple weeks and knowing these two, it will be exactly like what you mentioned above. Aaron and Sean are hilarious dudes, much more fun to listen to.

https://www.facebook.com/DMDTPod/?pnref=story

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Short episode. Talked about ESPN layoffs, drunk driving, death, and how ISU's basketball recruiting efforts haven't been panning out. I did enjoy hearing about Mangino and Coach Campbell though.
Whenever Mangino is discussed, buttflossing is the first thing that comes to my mind. Welcome to my nightmare

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA

Solution: Wait till Friday at 9 pm, get together with some cases of Busch Light and a few bottles of Malort, drink heavily, and then riff for a few hours.
I feel like they could end up on a Legion of Skanks level with that kind of freedom and time.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
On Mangino, you need to check out is twitter feed. It is a lot of him tweeting and retweeting about how great he is.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

This. You guys always talk about how much fun it is to sit around, drink, and argue old ISU players merits, so start doing it. That'd be much better than a rushed 30 minutes where you jump from topic to topic

Help Support Us

Become a patron