Festivus: Airing of Grievances

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Welcome, newcomers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

Let's hear everyone's Airing of Grievances

729f0cf5173b56a95ede633168381e5a.png

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My "friend" mad at me because I won my fantasy football league at 6-7, as the last team in in the playoffs. I made a series of trades at the trade deadline that should have sabotaged my team, and I may have even made it fairly obvious I was "tanking". Turns out it had the reverse effect, and I didn't lose a game over a 2 month stretch, ending with a championship victory this weekend.

He is being a baby about it, stating that I need to put an asterisk next to my name on our trophy, because I was trying to "tank". Says he will refuse to acknowledge my championship because I compromised the integrity of our league by "tanking" even though it ended up reverse-tanking my season. So not really sure what he's crying about. But now he's talking about leaving the fantasy league that we started together and been part of for 10 years. Could be friendship ending at the current rate. So I am grieving the loss of a friend, over something as dumb as fantasy football.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
My "friend" mad at me because I won my fantasy football league at 6-7, as the last team in in the playoffs. I made a series of trades at the trade deadline that should have sabotaged my team, and I may have even made it fairly obvious I was "tanking". Turns out it had the reverse effect, and I didn't lose a game over a 2 month stretch, ending with a championship victory this weekend.

He is being a baby about it, stating that I need to put an asterisk next to my name on our trophy, because I was trying to "tank". Says he will refuse to acknowledge my championship because I compromised the integrity of our league by "tanking" even though it ended up reverse-tanking my season. So not really sure what he's crying about. But now he's talking about leaving the fantasy league that we started together and been part of for 10 years. Could be friendship ending at the current rate. So I am grieving the loss of a friend, over something as dumb as fantasy football.
Your buddy sounds like a joy to be around. You need to get him a trophy that says "Tried Hardest 2019".

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
My first Airing of Grievances is directed at Mr. Gary Barta and the UI.

You handled the Marching Band situation terribly and our fearless leader JP made you look foolish and inferior. You added a new dimension to this rivalry that benefited no one.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
My "friend" mad at me because I won my fantasy football league at 6-7, as the last team in in the playoffs. I made a series of trades at the trade deadline that should have sabotaged my team, and I may have even made it fairly obvious I was "tanking". Turns out it had the reverse effect, and I didn't lose a game over a 2 month stretch, ending with a championship victory this weekend......So I am grieving the loss of a friend, over something as dumb as fantasy football.

Is this a keeper league? And is the draft order the following year determined by the final standings?

I don't have an issue with a 6-7 team winning a championship, and it actually happened in one of mine this year. Tanking, on the other hand, is pretty lame.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and cstrunk

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

I'm curious what these transactions (what players) were that were thought to be tanking but turned into a championship?

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
My neighbor usually puts up an elaborate Christmas show on in his yard, including a festivus pole. This year, he said he didn't have time to put all that stuff up...so the only thing he put up is a festivus pole.

My airing of grievances is over barking dogs. I have two separate neighbors who will leave for work, giant dogs outside barking ferociously damn near all day. When asked to keep it down, they both respond "our dogs don't bark". WTF?

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Is this a keeper league? And is the draft order the following year determined by the final standings?

I don't have an issue with a 6-7 team winning a championship, and it actually happened in one of mine this year. Tanking, on the other hand, is pretty lame.

I backed into the the playoffs with a 4-9 record and ended up taking 3rd place. LOL

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
My airing of grievances is over Saquon Barkley. His 279 total yards and 2 TDs cost me my fantasy football championship. Dude hadn't done squat all season and he pulls that crap out of his bum on championship week. Serenity now!!!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Not a keeper, it's a re-draft and the draft order is determined based on previous years results. I wanted that #1 pick, ended up with a trophy instead

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm curious what these transactions (what players) were that were thought to be tanking but turned into a championship?
Can't remember all the specifics, and too lazy to check. But players I dumped: Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Chris Carson, Dak Prescott, Darren Waller
Players I picked up: Davante Parker (blew up), DJ Moore (ended up being a solid WR1), David Montgomery (mostly a bust for fantasy purposes), Jared Cook (became a nice TE down the stretch), Terry McLaurin, and Baker Mayfield.

Added pieces thru waivers and streamers down the stretch. Just overall good managerial decisions, ie picking up and starting Ryan Fitzpatrick yesterday for my championship week. Basically took a high risk/high reward approach and it happened to work out, synonymous with getting a little luck.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Your buddy sounds like a joy to be around. You need to get him a trophy that says "Tried Hardest 2019".
He moved pretty far away a couple years ago. Lives in WDM now. We don't see each other a lot anymore, and whenever we talk it's always about fantasy football. This might be the final wrench in the engine.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Can't remember all the specifics, and too lazy to check. But players I dumped: Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Chris Carson, Dak Prescott, Darren Waller.....

In your friend's defense, I would have been irritated as well. Not about the winning it all, but about the tanking. Those guys certainly aren't chumps and dumping them (either via trade or straight up dropping them) is weak, and it screws up the rest of the league as well.

I'm not sure how one dumps all of those players and still somehow wins the league, even in something involving as much luck as fantasy football.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
My airing of grievances is over Saquon Barkley. His 279 total yards and 2 TDs cost me my fantasy football championship. Dude hadn't done squat all season and he pulls that crap out of his bum on championship week. Serenity now!!!

I agree with you especially since I drafted him 1st and he did nothing all year !

Reactions: drlove

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
In your friend's defense, I would have been irritated as well. Not about the winning it all, but about the tanking. Those guys certainly aren't chumps and dumping them (either via trade or straight up dropping them) is weak, and it screws up the rest of the league as well.

I'm not sure how one dumps all of those players and still somehow wins the league, even in something involving as much luck as fantasy football.
The luck was Davante Parker becoming a top 8 fantasy WR in ppr, he hadn't been performing to that level at all prior to the trade. Hill and Adams had been dealing with injuries and inconsistent performances all year, so I was more than willing to cut bait with them. They have been more names than players this year, as I'm pretty sure Parker finished ahead of both of them. I of course, would have had no way of knowing that would happen at the time of the trade.

Otherwise I traded away underwhelming assets, and while I didn't get anything super great in return, I did end up winning most of the trades. Hill and Adams have a lot of name power and I kind of luckily capitalized on that and got 2 better WR in return with Moore and Parker.

I argue with him that I ended up winning the trades, so at the end of the day, why does it matter what the intent of my trades were? I tried tanking for that first week, and when my team won, I responded and started playing again. I don't think he deserves to be upset at that point anymore.

Reactions: khardbored

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
My airing is the annual "oh ****, I need to go shopping on Dec 23rd!" Yes, it's congested and yes, we are just trying to get done. But for the love of God, could some of you do it with some urgency??? I want to get out of this black hole of a parking lot and can't because you are too busy picking your nose, thumbing at your cell phone or whateverthehellyounumbnuts do, but get going!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron