[Film] World War Z

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I have rarely seen movies in genres like this be good on their own merits. Part of the greatness of the Walking Dead, while not being an absolute pure adaptation, is it kept alot about the comics that made them great. This movie is not doing any of that. I would have loved to see the interview seens, with the flashbacks to the experiences of the witnesses. That would have been great. This looks like Brad Pitt in 28 Days Later.

I agree but don't think there's any way they can cover of all that in a movie. It would need to be a TV show or at least mini-series, like you mentioned with the Walking Dead.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I hate it when Hollywood feels they have to incorporate a family in with the main character to make it appeal to a wider audience. They should have kept it simple, suspenseful and narrated by the lead, not so Disneyfied.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I AM SO MAD THAT THIS MOVIE PREVIEW IS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
The format as it is of the book simply wouldn't work as a movie. As a mini series or multi-part fake documentary, maybe, but not as a two hour movie. As I understand it, It's following Brad Pitt but he flies around the world and interviews people so he will probably see first hand a lot of the things covered in the book and they may use some flash back stuff as well. I don't think it will cover the whole 10 years of the war and the aftermath like the book did though.

The things I don't like about it: PG-13 and CG zombies. I'm also pretty anti-running zombies but I can get over it if its at least actors doing it.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
i like how the author of the book thought it was a good s c r i p t, but the experts here already know it's a terrible adaptation doomed for failure based on a 2 minute trailer

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
i like how the author of the book thought it was a good s c r i p t, but the experts here already know it's a terrible adaptation doomed for failure based on a 2 minute trailer
You're assuming artistic integrity where the author probably just saw $$$

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Nobody said it's doomed for failure, just that it has absolutely nothing to do with the book other than the title. I would have prefered they made a "Band of Brothers"-esque miniseries using the material from the book. I don't know why they wasted money buying the movie rights to the book when the movie is 100% different. This trailer makes "I am Robot" look like a faithful adaptation of the source material in comparison.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Nobody said it's doomed for failure, just that it has absolutely nothing to do with the book other than the title. I would have prefered they made a "Band of Brothers"-esque miniseries using the material from the book. I don't know why they wasted money buying the movie rights to the book when the movie is 100% different. This trailer makes "I am Robot" look like a faithful adaptation of the source material in comparison.

I'm saying it. CG zombies suck and so does Brad Pitt. You're dead on about making it like BoB. Hopefully they'll do EXACTLY that someday.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Yeah, I don't how I feel about this. The book was great, but one of the main aspects of the Max Brooks zombie is that they can't run. It appears they've thrown that out the wayside in this movie. What makes a great zombie story is the the realism(yeah yea zombies aren't real). We'll see how far they take this. But I'm a zombie enthusiast, so I'll probably like it anyways, no matter what the overall ratings of this movie come out to be.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I AM SO MAD THAT THIS MOVIE PREVIEW IS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE

Your right. People that have read the book and heard there was a movie based on the book watch a trailer, see a movie nothing like the book, and have no right to be upset? Makes sense...

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Yeah, I don't how I feel about this. The book was great, but one of the main aspects of the Max Brooks zombie is that they can't run. It appears they've thrown that out the wayside in this movie. What makes a great zombie story is the the realism(yeah yea zombies aren't real). We'll see how far they take this. But I'm a zombie enthusiast, so I'll probably like it anyways, no matter what the overall ratings of this movie come out to be.
I'm with you. As I said before, I haven't read the book, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Since I love zombies so much and a number of zombie shows and movies, I'll most likely watch this movie just to check it out.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Those are some scrappy lookin zombies! If there's ever a zombie apocalypse and they are that fast, then we are screwed. Not like we wouldn't be anyways, but chances of survival just went from 5% to about 0.1%.
I'll watch the film and probably enjoy it just because I love most zombie movies and apocalyptic type movies.