Final AP Poll

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Our best finish was 2000, #6 final AP poll and #3 final coaches poll.
What? We should have been #2 in that final poll. Anyone that knows anything about college basketball knew we should have been up there.
Edit-I guess I didn't know they didn't do a poll after the tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
#1 defense per Kenpom as well for the season. #52 offense.
Isn't there a concept that says to win a championship you have to be a top 25 Kenpom defense AND a top 40 Kenpom offense? Feels like our team probably confirmed that concept (if I have it right). Offense just wasn't quite strong enough to be a contender.

Setting aside Uconn's dominance and rightful championship.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Offense just wasn't quite strong enough to be a contender.
90% of that was half mental. We just had stretches where we refused to run the offense. When we were sharing the ball, we were pretty effective. But I agree, we weren't able to compete with UConn.

Reactions: GoldandCardinal

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Our best finish was 2000, #6 final AP poll and #3 final coaches poll.

#6 that year is a giant flashing neon sign that nobody was paying attention. #3 I can live with.

The bracket got blown up except for ISU and MSU and Fizer was very clearly the best player in the NCAA tournament.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Isn't there a concept that says to win a championship you have to be a top 25 Kenpom defense AND a top 40 Kenpom offense? Feels like our team probably confirmed that concept (if I have it right). Offense just wasn't quite strong enough to be a contender.

Setting aside Uconn's dominance and rightful championship.
Pre-NCAA Tourney this was noted by more than a few "experts" which proved to, maybe, be accurate.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I know, I know, rankings don't mean diddly

Has ISU MBB ever been ranked #1 for even a single week during a season? Not to jinx the whole season or anything, but I could see where that could potential occur next season.

I'm thinking the answer is no. Only because I think I would have heard about it at some point by now.