ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
its-happening.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
What is this scene going to be like with the new "realistic" graphics!

FFVII_Cloud_mukki.jpg

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
What is this scene going to be like with the new "realistic" graphics!

FFVII_Cloud_mukki.jpg

Hopefully they don't remove the campy parts of the game. That's what made it awesome. There are some funny youtube videos of people's reactions to the announcement.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
That gave me goosebumps. I don't have a PS4. Do I really need to get one just to play this game? The answer appears to be yes. Totally worth it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That gave me goosebumps. I don't have a PS4. Do I really need to get one just to play this game? The answer appears to be yes. Totally worth it.

It will be available on PC and other consoles as well. Maybe not Wii U.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
It will be available on PC and other consoles as well. Maybe not Wii U.

Seeing some rumors that it will be like Street Fighter V, where Sony is helping with developing so it will be PS4/PC. Nothing confirmed, but that's what some of the big Final Fantasy websites think. All that matters tho is it is getting made.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Man, did I name those characters some inappropriate things.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Seeing some rumors that it will be like Street Fighter V, where Sony is helping with developing so it will be PS4/PC. Nothing confirmed, but that's what some of the big Final Fantasy websites think. All that matters tho is it is getting made.

I read some stuff about how they're just beginning production on it. Sounds like it might be a long time before it comes out. That's disappointing.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I read some stuff about how they're just beginning production on it. Sounds like it might be a long time before it comes out. That's disappointing.

I could see 2017 for the 20th anniversary of the game coming out in the US. There is a mod on Neogaf who runs a final fantasy site that has known about it for a year. It sounds like Square isn't going to be the ones actually making it, but Cyber Connect2 will be.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Am I the only one who is feeling "meh" towards this announcement? What made this game great wasn't the graphics. Just having better graphics won't get me to buy this game. I guess they will attract a new generation though.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Am I the only one who is feeling "meh" towards this announcement? What made this game great wasn't the graphics. Just having better graphics won't get me to buy this game. I guess they will attract a new generation though.

Bro, was your chocobo game weak?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watching prices for a copy of FFVII over the years is crazy. It's one of the most common games out there, 3 years after release you could get multiple copies at any pawn shop for 5 bucks. Then a younger generation of fans and nostalgia pushed the price over $50 for a while...now it's back to much more realistic $15-30 range but still all over the place compared to any other playstation game that is so common.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009

A big part of the game was the graphics. The CGI was a new standard for video games at the time of the release. That's what brought in the players. Then the gameplay, story, and characters took over.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I've hated the FF games since FFX. I'm old school. I loved the overworld maps, and the dungeon crawling, and the turn based fighting, and the monotonous hours of leveling up your characters. When X hit they changed evrything and the game wasn't Final Fantasy anymore. I'm praying this will be a remake where the game's mechanics stay in place but the graphics get an overhaul and then they can throw in some curve balls and stuff with the story. But if they try to make it what the new generations of FF games are I'll be disappointed.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've hated the FF games since FFX. I'm old school. I loved the overworld maps, and the dungeon crawling, and the turn based fighting, and the monotonous hours of leveling up your characters. When X hit they changed evrything and the game wasn't Final Fantasy anymore. I'm praying this will be a remake where the game's mechanics stay in place but the graphics get an overhaul and then they can throw in some curve balls and stuff with the story. But if they try to make it what the new generations of FF games are I'll be disappointed.

The DS remakes of FFIII (a japan only Famicom release) and FFIV were absolutely awesome to play. Likewise the DS remakes of the Dragon Quest games, especially the ones the US never got were pretty awesome. I went through all 3 DS Dragon Quest remakes like it was one long epic game even though they aren't connected.

DS is possibly the best American system for traditional RPGs in some ways since it has awesome remakes of lots of the best games and some pretty solid original RPGs that still have old school feel.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006

I really liked X, but X-2 was a pile of garbage. I haven't played any FF games since.. partly because I never owned a PS3. To be fair, I also haven't played 8 or 9, so I'm not exactly a crazy fanatic, but I loved 6 and 7.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
I really liked X, but X-2 was a pile of garbage. I haven't played any FF games since.. partly because I never owned a PS3. To be fair, I also haven't played 8 or 9, so I'm not exactly a crazy fanatic, but I loved 6 and 7.

I just finished playing FF9 on my Samsung S5. I ******* love emulation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron