• A cherry wheat

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • A light IPA with an apple hint

Votes: 28 18.8%

• Total voters

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
So I'm going to Barn Town tomorrow to record a pod and make a decision. If you guys have questions for Pete about the beer brewing process, let me know. I'm hoping this will be a fun, long relationship with them where we can have a beer club and all kinds of stuff.

Any chance for a partnership with an eastern Iowa brewery?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Assuming the choice is an IPA, maybe you could ask Pete to talk about different types of them and how the brewing process will work to come up with something that isn't a West Coast style. I don't speak for anyone else, but when someone mentions an IPA I immediately think of a beer that smells like pine needles and tastes hopelessly bitter. But I know that they don't have to taste that way.
I was never much of an IPA guy until I started trying the NE/juicy/hazy style IPAs. Now I love them. If I am not going to be drinking something dark and heavy I now choose those as my go to. Idk what you have that is local that you could try but I am sure you could get your hands on New Belgium's Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze IPA. I really enjoy that one.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: cycloneG and jbindm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I haven't voted yet. Waiting for my beer advisor to give me guidance!

@Al_4_State

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Raspberry IPA. I think that will pair with hops better than apple.

An apple IPA sounds about as good as a cherry wheat.Not good. Also voted for the raspberry. Like others have said it should be just a hint of raspberry. I trust Barntown to get that right. They make excellent neipa’s.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron