FINALLLY!!!!........... JT ROCK.........

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Nunge was ok at Iowa. He's been All-Conference at Xavier.

120+ offensive rating, great rebounder, efficent offensively, and even shoots over 40% from three on almost 3 attempts a game this year.
He should have been tired of playing second fiddle behind Garza

Reactions: isutrevman

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Fair writeup based on everything we know and have heard.

Snippet...

Not only is Rock big, he’s quite skilled. He has an automatic jump hook, looks pretty comfortable posting on either side of the block and what really makes him dangerous is his ability to step out and make jump shots beyond the three-point line. He’s got some length to go with his size and can be an anchor for a defense because of his ability to protect the rim. On the other hand, he can get into trouble when drawn away from the basket because guys can get around him and he can also be pushed off the block by aggressive, physical posts.

Needless to say, his style of game and size have generated some really varying opinions – including among the 247Sports staff – about his long-term upside and fit at the college level. One person who doesn’t care about those debates is TJ Oetzelberger because the Cyclones coach is very high on Rock’s potential and quite happy to have him locked up early.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In B4 “long time until he can get on campus. I’ll believe it when I see him in a Cyclone uniform on the court at Hilton. He’s going to have a lot of schools with a lot of money coming after him. Hope we can keep him but we are Iowa St.”

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Fair writeup based on everything we know and have heard.

Snippet...

Not only is Rock big, he’s quite skilled. He has an automatic jump hook, looks pretty comfortable posting on either side of the block and what really makes him dangerous is his ability to step out and make jump shots beyond the three-point line. He’s got some length to go with his size and can be an anchor for a defense because of his ability to protect the rim. On the other hand, he can get into trouble when drawn away from the basket because guys can get around him and he can also be pushed off the block by aggressive, physical posts.

Needless to say, his style of game and size have generated some really varying opinions – including among the 247Sports staff – about his long-term upside and fit at the college level. One person who doesn’t care about those debates is TJ Oetzelberger because the Cyclones coach is very high on Rock’s potential and quite happy to have him locked up early.

If his main weakness is defense and toughness I bet I know a guy that can get that turned around...

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If his main weakness is defense and toughness I bet I know a guy that can get that turned around...
The toughness part, no doubt. If he has foot speed issues, well, not sure much can really be done there. I mean you can work on it, but it will always be a weak spot compared to the rest of your game. See cinder blocks-for-shoes Luka Garza.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The toughness part, no doubt. If he has foot speed issues, well, not sure much can really be done there. I mean you can work on it, but it will always be a weak spot compared to the rest of your game. See cinder blocks-for-shoes Luka Garza.
In describing his weakness on defense part of it was guys getting around him on the perimeter. As a 7 foot post, I would hope he doesn't leave the paint much.

Getting pushed around on the block would be a bigger concern. But he's a young guy who will fill out.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
There are a lot of guys 7 feet that can't score or defend. I'll take one that can score from every level even if it means he needs help on defense. It seems like decades since we've had an elite down-low scorer.

Georges Niang graduated in like 2016 right?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It feels like Loren Meyer was on the squad like 5 years ago to me lol.
In the last year alone my family has had 2 ruined vacations (Disney World COVID the whole time and Disneyland Influenza the whole time as a makeup trip), and since the beginning of 2023 I’ve had 2 strokes and a heart attack, 32 dr apts, new diagnosises for both our young boys and me having 2 months of leave. So even 2022 seems like a decade ago:)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In the last year alone my family has had 2 ruined vacations (Disney World COVID the whole time and Disneyland Influenza the whole time as a makeup trip), and since the beginning of 2023 I’ve had 2 strokes and a heart attack, 32 dr apts, new diagnosises for both our young boys and me having 2 months of leave. So even 2022 seems like a decade ago:)

In the last year alone I’ve beaten over 1000 levels of Candy Crush. Weird how these divergent life cycles affect our sense of time! :D

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Jer

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
Ouch! Stay well. (As best as you can.)