Finally, schedule release date (oops, not so fast) ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm hoping for a game @ Cincy if its later in the year to hopefully couple it with something else going in Indy/Louisville/Chicago.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I'm guessing here: either or both Texas and/or OU objected plus were in negotiations to leave early causing chaos for the schedulers.
I agree but they are leaving so why would the other 12 schools give a crap about Texas or OU objections. They aren't leaving this year so no good reason for such a long delay.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I agree but they are leaving so why would the other 12 schools give a crap about Texas or OU objections. They aren't leaving this year so no good reason for such a long delay.
The TV networks have a big say too. They probably didn't even start putting actual dates down until they knew whether OU/UT were going to be around in 2024.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I'm guessing here: either or both Texas and/or OU objected plus were in negotiations to leave early causing chaos for the schedulers.
So, have two schedules ready to go...one if OuT leaves early, the second if we have the full 14 teams. Not difficult. Oh, and F the OuT if they object...they don't have a dog in the fight anymore.

• Winner
Reactions: Raiders70

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
That all sounds good from the grandstands, the bravado and f'bombs. But they are still in the league and until they leave partners in what goes on around it. Additionally, the commissioner does not want to give them reason to discount the contract, i.e. being treated poorly, etc.

Help Support Us

Become a patron