Football Intro Music?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think "Welcome to the Jungle" by GNR would be better than thunderstruck. The intro to Welcome comes off kind of like a siren, so it would be a good fade from the siren into the song, and then about 30-40 seconds into the song, it crescendos, and busts into the main part of the song. Imagining the team taking the field at that moment gives me goose bumps. August 31st cant come soon enough!

ISU Clone

Apr 11, 2006
I actually like the current entrance music, however does anyone know the name of the song? I also would love the addition of the tornado siren.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I really don't dislike the current intro music either. But I've been on the "Thunderstruck" bandwagon for a long time now. It has a very good intro part to the song that I think would do well for the team coming on to the field. I think the Tornado Siren could also blare over the first minute of the song and you wouldn't miss too much.

I know it's not entirely original or compelling...but it just makes too much sense to not do it.

CYTIME

Apr 3, 2006
I agree that Thunderstruck would be a great intro. But, I also remember a while back (late 70's early 80's?) that they used to play Queen's "Another one bites the dust." That really got the crowd going.

Other possibilities:

Limelight (Rush)

Drop Dead Legs (Van Halen)

In the Evening (Zeppelin)

Enter Sandman (Metallica)

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISU Clone @ Jun 10 2006, 09:25 AM) [post=4150]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> I actually like the current entrance music, however does anyone know the name of the song? I also would love the addition of the tornado siren. [/b][/quote]

It's the theme to 1995's "Mortal Kombat" movie. Pretty recognizable song, but the Jack Trice version doesn't have any lyrics. (Probably for the best...) Although, I do think it would be pretty hilarious for the whole team to scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!" at the top of their lungs just before bursting out of the gate.

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
I said this like 2 months ago, sirens+thunderstruck equal destruction...think about it [thunder]struck I mean were "cyclones" the storm reference works...dont over think it

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
I changed my mine, i'd rather have For Whom The Bell Tolls-Metallica!!!!
<

Schroed

Apr 10, 2006
When I was in high school, we played "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson. I have never heard a song that made me want to destroy things more than that. They don't have to play the whole song; it's mainly the beginning that gets you pumped up.

HITMAN

May 10, 2006
Westminster,CO.
Being an old Rock-N-Roller, Ronnie James Dio's Music makes you want to drive fast, drink a lot and basically have an attitude....Just what the Cyclone Offensive linemen need before a game....Hitman

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
To get the most impact, maybe they can combine 4-5 songs into a medley followed by the siren. Something more obtrusive than what the Huskers try to do.

KJCY

Apr 30, 2006
Walker,Ia
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drews79 @ Jun 8 2006, 08:51 PM) [post=4007]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> I'm sure this has been discussed before but I feel it is worth another discussion. I think that we need to change the music as our football team enters the field. It seems as if we have been playing this same song for about 10 years. I am not sure what we should play but I feel it is time for a change. I don't think the players or the fans get that pumped for the song that we have been playing

The Ames Tornado siren would be really cool. If we mixed some good music after it, that would make it better. What does everyone think? Has the tornado siren thing been finalized yet?

I have faith in Mr. Pollard. Whatever we change it will be for the better! [/b][/quote]

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
How bout we play Jock Jams from 1990 over and over again. I'm sure the fans will love it.

"Are you ready for this!"

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I love welcome to the Jungle. The Vikings play it before kick-offs and it absolutely gives me a mental erection.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Whatever it is, let's be original. It sounds too high school to put an existing song with it. Look at the Bull's intro song. Orginal and yet famous.

I think a bass thumpin', customized techno remix of the ISU fight song would be awesome.

wicka wick wick wick wicka oh we will fight, wicka wicka wicka fight wicka wicka fight for Iowa State......

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SlyCy @ Jun 12 2006, 01:31 PM) [post=4305]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> I think a bass thumpin', customized techno remix of the ISU fight song would be awesome.
[/b][/quote]

Keep in mind that the marching band blasts out Fights when the team finally runs out, *over* the music already playing through the Jack Trice sound system. So Fights on top of a different version of Fights would be a giant jumbled mess.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ornryactor @ Jun 12 2006, 01:35 PM) [post=4307]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

Keep in mind that the marching band blasts out Fights when the team finally runs out, *over* the music already playing through the Jack Trice sound system. So Fights on top of a different version of Fights would be a giant jumbled mess.

[/b][/quote]

Plug their holes......=)