Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Let’s keep the mask debate out of this thread. Plenty of options in the cave for that.
No problem. My main thing is about the ticket policy anyway. I think we should have a contingency plan, and a 50-50 split with 30,000 - 3 game mini-packs would be a good compromise (if we have to go that route). I kept my season ticket ticket last year and went to 2 of the 4 home games I could have attended (TT and WVU) and travelled to @ Kansas.

:)

• Dumb
Reactions: 83cy and pdxclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No problem. My main thing is about the ticket policy anyway. I think we should have a contingency plan, and a 50-50 split with 30,000 - 3 game mini-packs would be a good compromise (if we have to go that route). I kept my season ticket ticket last year and went to 2 of the 4 home games I could have attended (TT and WVU) and travelled to @ Kansas.

:)
I'm picturing that away game at Kansas. My guess is they had "normal" capacity and there was more than ample space for distancing. :D

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Why does the system only let me add 1 mobile pass to my cart? Will it let me upgrade to two at checkout?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I'm picturing that away game at Kansas. My guess is they had "normal" capacity and there was more than ample space for distancing. :D
They had limited capacity, but it wouldn't have made a difference! It was a really easy road trip, and I had a blast. Here is a pic (Of Kolar's TD catch!) from my seat.

Attachments

• 2020 Iowa State @ Kansas.jpg
    2020 Iowa State @ Kansas.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 38

IowaStateFam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2017
Why does the system only let me add 1 mobile pass to my cart? Will it let me upgrade to two at checkout?
It should. That's what we did. Got 3 mobile pass tickets this year. Bringing our 9 year old for the first time!

I love the mobile pass option, BUT.... they have a new system this season and it is not going to allow mobile pass ticket holders to add a seat or upgrade their seats the prior to GameDay like we've been ably to in the past.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
They had limited capacity, but it wouldn't have made a difference! It was a really easy road trip, and I had a blast. Here is a pic (Of Kolar's TD catch!) from my seat.
That's actually more than were there the first time WE went down, in 2012 - and you're in almost the same seats we were in. Sam Richardson came into the game & lit the place on fire.
A couple of years later we went back on a CF bus, sat over on the side, and watched them tear down the goalpost after a battle of the bottom feeders. :(
We need to road trip to another game there and get that bad taste out of my mouth! :D

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Let’s keep the mask debate out of this thread. Plenty of options in the cave for that.
I’m curious why you think I should join the stinking cesspool of the Cave just to discuss a public health issue—and one hugely relevant to the topic at hand.
why would you require masks?
In a word? Variants. I would have assumed people knew about things like this.

Plus, being vaccinated isn’t 100% effective (94%, last numbers I saw), so we do all we can do. Keep the damn thing from spreading.

Last edited:

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
I’m curious why you think I should join the stinking cesspool of the Cave just to discuss a public health issue—and one hugely relevant to the topic at hand.

Plus, being vaccinated isn’t 100% effective (94%, last numbers I saw), so we do all we can do. Keep the damn thing from spreading.
If we need to hit 100% vaccine efficacy before we take masks off then our kids' grandkids are going to be wearing them. How effective do you want it to be?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If we need to hit 100% vaccine efficacy before we take masks off then our kids' grandkids are going to be wearing them. How effective do you want it to be?
I’m sorry, I didn’t say we need to hit 100% vaccine efficiency. The point being that we should wear masks as additional protections until the wave of infections recede. Edit::In a crowded stadium, with people screaming and shouting.

I’ll reserve further explanation. However, this comment is a prime example of why people need to educate themselves—without politicizing the damn thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I’m sorry, I didn’t say we need to hit 100% vaccine efficiency. The point being that we should wear masks as additional protections until the wave of infections recede. Edit::In a crowded stadium, with people screaming and shouting.

I’ll reserve further explanation. However, this comment is a prime example of why people need to educate themselves—without politicizing the damn thing.

WARNING: This thread is not about masks or explanations about masks or wanting to have the last word about masks. If someone makes it so, it goes to the cave.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016

Stay at home.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That's actually more than were there the first time WE went down, in 2012 - and you're in almost the same seats we were in. Sam Richardson came into the game & lit the place on fire.
A couple of years later we went back on a CF bus, sat over on the side, and watched them tear down the goalpost after a battle of the bottom feeders. :(
We need to road trip to another game there and get that bad taste out of my mouth! :D

KU had more empty seat backs installed than actual KU fans. It makes it look like they have way more people than were really there.

Also, the parking lot of the KU Memorial Union was 80% empty, even though right across the street from the stadium. No problem having a tailgate on the top level of the Memorial Union parking lot! Masked, social distanced, and outside. It was great.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone