Info: For those who believe in a higher power

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
Wow. What an update. My prayers have been with you and your family. If I ever needed to be convinced that I should be an organ donor...that did it. I'm humbled and moved by what you did. I wish you, your wife, and your child the very best in the future and I will continue to pray for you.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I'm glad some good came out of an absolutely horrible situation.

It's mystery to me why some people have to carrry such burdens through life, but you and your famiy are truly inspirational in the way you've handled this

Tec, God Bless you and your family.

Last edited:

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Wow. TEC you truley show what it means to be selfless in your acts. You truely show what the power, strength and courage of a person can be. I've been stairing at the floor for 10min thinking about this and can't fathom how you've been able to deal with it. May you continue to have the fortitude to move on with your family. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I wanted to share this video of my son Carson at the ISU Letterwinners Football Clinic the Saturday morning of the spring game/VEISHEA. We went to the clinic, out to breakfast then to the parade. The kids fell asleep leaving the parade so we missed the football game. My son loved the clinic, and asked me every Saturday morning since if we could go to "I-State Football" with the "big kids" that day. I tried to explain that we probably couldn't go to the clinic till the spring a year away, but that we'd go to some games this fall. "Fall is a long time away" he would always say. I wanted to point out that the reason he loved the clinic was how great of a job the "big kids" did being enthused. I was impressed since I'm sure that there was probably somewhere else they'd rather be on the Saturday morning of VEISHEA. O'Connell, Sims and Sandvig are in this clip with my son. I wanted to say to them thanks for the great memory.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVt_px3_n1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVt_px3_n1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I had a hard time holding back the tears watching this. Its hard to imagine that that little boy is gone. I can't believe how well you seem to be handling this. You are much stronger than I am. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.