Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
UT isn't getting rid of a final four coach. Looking forward to reports of his inevitable sensitivity training and anger management coaching.

It sucks. But that's the cynical reality of these things.
If the felony charges hold up and/or the strangling angle is true, they won't have a choice

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Can't the whole restricted airway thing turn into something worse like attempted murder? I had a buddy whose brother got like ten years for something similar to this.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Can't the whole restricted airway thing turn into something worse like attempted murder? I had a buddy whose brother got like ten years for something similar to this.
Not sure about attempted murder, but you could be right. And I agree, the strangling angle is what makes this different than "just" a domestic violence incident. To be clear, by no means am I diminishing domestic violence, but when strangling someone comes into the picture, the heat definitely goes up.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Surprise surprise nothing on ESPN's front page yet.
Nor on any of the major sports sites. They're getting confirmations and doing their due diligence. I understand it. Barely anyone is reporting it yet.

Reactions: CyNews

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Nor on any of the major sports sites. They're getting confirmations and doing their due diligence. I understand it. Barely anyone is reporting it yet.
Story just hit ESPN, CBS, the athletic now.

Reactions: mj4cy