Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We don’t. We just know he’s innocent. Innocent until proven guilty. So what was he fired for? We don’t know that he did anything wrong at all, correct?
Texas is an at-will state. As long as UT didn't fire him for an illegal reason... race, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, or as retaliation for him lodging a complaint of some kind or being a whistleblower... they can fire him for any other reason or for no reason at all. At least that's how I understand it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We don’t. We just know he’s innocent. Innocent until proven guilty. So what was he fired for? We don’t know that he did anything wrong at all, correct?
That's not how his contract was worded. The initial charge is all that was required to terminate him. He can try to sue, but he will lose. What do you think Texas was doing that whole time between his initial suspension and the termination? The Longhorn legal team made 100% sure they were on solid footing before they pulled the trigger on firing him. And the possibility of the charges being dropped was absolutely one of the scenarios they considered before deciding to can him.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
"There's also the issue of sovereign immunity for state institutions in Texas, which is pretty powerful. It was most famously used against Mike Leach by Texas Tech. The opinions issued in that case make it hard to see how Beard would win when Leach didn't".

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m pretty sure the responding officers can act as complainants in DV cases in Texas when the evidence is strong enough. Something seems fishy here.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I’m pretty sure the responding officers can act as complainants in DV cases in Texas when the evidence is strong enough. Something seems fishy here.
They can be complainants but it’s much more difficult to convince a jury without a cooperative victim.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
CLonedude going full Clonedude. I love it.

And CyCrazy going full hatred of Clonedude.... I love it!

I don't give a s**t about Beard or Texas.... but I'd MUCH rather see UT suffer from this somehow.... so that's the only reason I'm pushing for Beard to be able to sue Texas? I don't know the law at all.

Thus far, Texas has only benefited from firing Beard IMO.... they are playing better without him.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
By the laws of this land he is innocent.
They specifically said they did not fire him for the charges etc or whether he was guilty or innocent, and neither of those matters on the decision to fire him.

It was about image, about optics, and about being involved in something deemed unbecoming to the image of the University.

Larry Eustachy didnt do anything illegal either, But he sure looked bad, and was fired for it.

Reactions: GoldCy

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
And CyCrazy going full hatred of Clonedude.... I love it!

I don't give a s**t about Beard or Texas.... but I'd MUCH rather see UT suffer from this somehow.... so that's the only reason I'm pushing for Beard to be able to sue Texas? I don't know the law at all.

Thus far, Texas has only benefited from firing Beard IMO.... they are playing better without him.

I don't hate you I don't know you. You just go nuts on some topics.