Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
That neighborhood looks alot older than 2012 builds.
My guess is that this is in an older, more exclusive part of Austin where original homes are being torn down and rebuilt with new construction. This is common in cities like this where people want new homes but also don’t desire to be on the outskirts of town where there are new tract developments going up.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I haven’t been to Austin in 10+ years, but from what I can tell, location is doing a lot of work for that home price, too. Close to downtown, close to Moody.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
My guess is that this is in an older, more exclusive part of Austin where original homes are being torn down and rebuilt with new construction. This is common in cities like this where people want new homes but also don’t desire to be on the outskirts of town where there are new tract developments going up.

I’ve drive around that area/side of Austin. The feel I got from it was it being a ritzy area for wealthy people who want to be close to urban life, but with the features of a suburban home. To me, it’s similar to Naperville, IL or Prairie Village, KS, where, like you said, people tear down houses and build ones.

So while the house has some more left to be desired adds on the size vs cost, I think your paying for the location more so than the house itself.

Reactions: twincyties

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I’ve drive around that area/side of Austin. The feel I got from it was it being a ritzy area for wealthy people who want to be close to urban life, but with the features of a suburban home. To me, it’s similar to Naperville, IL or Prairie Village, KS, where, like you said, people tear down houses and build ones.

So while the house has some more left to be desired adds on the size vs cost, I think your paying for the location more so than the house itself.
Agree. Like many things, scarcity of certain types of real estate drives value . It is not easy to find larger, newly constructed single family housing close to urban centers and entertainment districts.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He'll coach again, but not sure it'll be next year or at a high profile job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron