Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
UT has a right to fire but it has to be a valid reason, or they are in breach of contract. Minton is setting it up that they had no valid reason to can him.

If Chris Del Conte is fired does Texas go after Jamie Pollard or Gene Taylor so they can bring their football and basketball coaches along to Austin? Which has the better resume'? :rolleyes:

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
UT has a right to fire but it has to be a valid reason, or they are in breach of contract. Minton is setting it up that they had no valid reason to can him.

If Chris Del Conte is fired does Texas go after Jamie Pollard or Gene Taylor so they can bring their football and basketball coaches along to Austin? Which has the better resume'? :rolleyes:
I dont know anything about your AD, but Pollard at Texas is like oil and water. It wouldn't work.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Gary Barta would be a natural fit at UT.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
When there are photographs of bruises and bite marks I'd have a hard time writing this line (from Milton)
" I am concerned that the University of Texas has made a terrible decision against the interest of the of the University, based on Twitter feeds and editorials –and not the facts concerning a truly innocent man. "

Even if there was a bit of self defense it sounds bad to me.

He's a defense lawyer. Change the subject to anything positive, ignore or confuse anything negative.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I know Austin real estate has become expensive in the last few years, but for 5 million I would have thought you would get something more lavish.
Austin has completely blown up the last few years and has been appreciating at a significant rate for quite a while. Many housing economists and real estate/mortgage people have had concerns about it being overheated for a while now. Depending which home price index you like to follow, some list it as among those markets with biggest decline in 2022 and some experts predict it will be among those markets that decline most in 2023.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
$5 million in Austin, but probably around $600k in Iowa?