Former UNI guard Nate Heise taking visit to Ames Monday (committed)

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Former UNI guard Nate Heise is taking an on-campus visit as Iowa State looks to buid on its 2024-25 roster.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Good shooter and nice player. Nojus seems to be similar to him though....

I trust this staff and TJ's first 3 years have been incredibly successful and overachieving, but I know we're all hoping to hear the news we've got a visit from a 6'8" beast of a power forward with athleticism who can shoot. That's the hole we need to fill most. I'm sure they're looking.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
They are going all in on next year. A 22 year old proven player is a great insurance policy against an 18 year old who’s never played at this level
I think he’d be a good get for us. Bigger than Pav and older (more physically developed). Pav was just not ready for big game minutes. To me, Heise can be that guy to play 20-25 and be really productive. Maybe spell Gilbert when he’s struggling. And who knows, maybe we’ll see some further movement out on our end.

Reactions: Letterkenny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Heise also has 2 years left so I could see them selling him on a much larger role for his final year in Ames
This. If he gets that second year, he'd be in a good position to play a lot of minutes after Gilbert and CuJo are gone.

Reactions: WISCY1895

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
If they can land Hadley in the portal I think it’s Lipsey, Gilbert, Hadley, Momcilovic, and Jackson as the starting 5.
CuJo, Heise, Watson, and a transfer big would be your core rotation players
Agree. Long ways from all that, but the visits with Hadley, Heise and Kyle are set up. Only wish list guy not on here would be Dailey, but if they go after him, then I think you rework your starting lineup/approach and put Milan at the 3. If the visits with Heise and Hadley come first, then you gotta think they want to go a little smaller and more versatile.

Lipsey
Gilbert
Hadley
Momcilovic
Jackson

Jones
Kyle
Heise
Watson
Freshmen

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
He's 6'5", shoots a good percentage from 3, is a good rebounder, and plays good defense. With his size he definitely could be used in a 4 guard lineup from time to time. I'll be interested to see if we try to rotate our guards a little more next year to try and keep them fresher for the last month of the year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron