Fox Sports Postseason Tournament for 2025

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
How will the Big 12 relationship function next season for hoops between ESPN and Fox? I haven’t seen any details if they’ve already been announced.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Good alternative to the NIT. Not run by the NCAA. I would mind if eventually this just replaced the NCAA tournament. Let’s create the basketball version of the CFP. If the ACC and SEC don’t want to get on board, that’s fine.

Why would anyone want to replace the greatest sports tournament ever. I get replacing the NIT

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Why would anyone want to replace the greatest sports tournament ever. I get replacing the NIT

I wouldnt.

But why it will probably eventually happen: while most of the viewership comes from the fans of the larger conferences, most of the revenue is kept by the NCAA to fund other things the NCAA does including things at the D2\3 level. The big conferences likely would prefer to keep a larger share of that pie. They could start their own tournament and keep the format almost identical, and even the mid\low major schools would go along with it if they payouts were greater.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
More inventory = more $. Don't see an issue with it.

Ctrans

Feb 3, 2017
Gives the Squekeyes another tournament to finish as runner ups and hang the banner.

Help Support Us

Become a patron