Fran McCaffery owns the history book

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I would have drastically rather rolled the dice every 3-4 years on a new coach with some hits and misses than to have stuck with Fran for an entire generation of my school’s basketball program. People are thinking too hard about why Carver is empty for their games.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would have drastically rather rolled the dice every 3-4 years on a new coach with some hits and misses than to have stuck with Fran for an entire generation of my school’s basketball program. People are thinking too hard about why Carver is empty for their games.
If they don't replace him soon they may miss their chance on Devries.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and GTO

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Hot and Spicy chicken with limp/wilted lettuce and soggy bun.
McCaffrey’s is a cheap, low quality fast food burger joint of course. Big M in gold, lined in black (approved since UofI invented black). Like the product on the court, it can fill your need, but it is never satisfying

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
If they don't replace him soon they may miss their chance on Devries.
Well, just based on today's Drake vs Belmont game, DeVries may actually hold a similar end-of-game blowout philosophy. Drake was getting pummeled by 32+ points with about 3 min left when suddenly they decide to amp up the press. They ended up still getting beat by about 20, but the press led to some quick easy baskets for them. The final score, while still bad, turned out much better than what it probably should have been.
That said, I want the Hoks to get a spittin' image of Fran as their next basketball HC. Not sure I want DeVries going to IC - I'd rather have him at Creighton or Oregon (to take over for one of his two mentors).

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Ideas for the Fran statue:

-Fran throwing chair.
-Fran kicking computer off the announcer table.
-Fran yelling at Marble right next to his face (add Marble statue next to him)
-Fran crouched down and screaming like he is about to shoot off into space.
-Fran being held back by his assistants (add assistant statue)
-Fran sitting on a couch at home watching TV (call this one "NCAA second weekend")
Need to make his face where it has some kind of backlighting that changes to different tones of red to match how it changes throughout a game.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Well, just based on today's Drake vs Belmont game, DeVries may actually hold a similar end-of-game blowout philosophy. Drake was getting pummeled by 32+ points with about 3 min left when suddenly they decide to amp up the press. They ended up still getting beat by about 20, but the press led to some quick easy baskets for them. The final score, while still bad, turned out much better than what it probably should have been.
That said, I want the Hoks to get a spittin' image of Fran as their next basketball HC. Not sure I want DeVries going to IC - I'd rather have him at Creighton or Oregon (to take over for one of his two mentors).
I feel DeVries and Iowa would be a good fit, so definitely don’t want that to happen