Franchise Ideas

Craig41

Apr 19, 2006
Ok, I am interested in investing in a new franchise in the Cedar Falls area and possibly Ames or Iowa City. I am looking for input on smaller franchises that are not established in these cities (mainly restaurants, not the major chains like Buffalo Wild Wings, but something like the size of a Jimmy Johns or Pancheros). So, are there franchises you have frequented that you think would be a good fit? Also, are there mid size towns (20,000+) that would be good for a franchise like Pancheros?

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
I would try and talk to the family that owns Tasty Tacos to see if you could help them expand into Cedar Falls, Ames and Iowa City. Something that I have always wanted to do, but I don't have the time to take it on. Tasty Tacos in those towns would do very well.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Can you imagine a tasty tacos in campus town when the bars let out? That would be a license to print money.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Somoene mentioned Pepperjax but it looks like the post has since been deleted, but would be a great idea. They have them all over Omaha and they are amazing. Would be great to move into Iowa.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Somoene mentioned Pepperjax but it looks like the post has since been deleted, but would be a great idea. They have them all over Omaha and they are amazing. Would be great to move into Iowa.

That was me. I looked at their website and discovered that they are privately owned and not franchising at this time. Too bad, it's definitely some good eats.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
That was me. I looked at their website and discovered that they are privately owned and not franchising at this time. Too bad, it's definitely some good eats.

Sad. Same with In-N-Out. Private and "not interested in franchising"

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

On the subject of Nebraska transplants... please, no Runza.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Ok, I am interested in investing in a new franchise in the Cedar Falls area and possibly Ames or Iowa City. I am looking for input on smaller franchises that are not established in these cities (mainly restaurants, not the major chains like Buffalo Wild Wings, but something like the size of a Jimmy Johns or Pancheros). So, are there franchises you have frequented that you think would be a good fit? Also, are there mid size towns (20,000+) that would be good for a franchise like Pancheros?

If I were you, I'd look at opening a Pepperjax on Welch Ave in Ames.
PepperJax Grill Their Philly sandwiches would make a flat out killing there.

Other than that, I would look into putting a Great Plains Sauce & Dough in DM, IC, CR, CF, Omaha...it would automatically be the best pizza place in any of those cities.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
On the subject of Nebraska transplants... please, no Runza.

This X 100

I don't understand the fascination that some Nebraskans have with that place.