Fred > Fran

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Damn wish Iowa had shot 4/33 from 3 against us. You know its a bad day when Mad Fran Jr. has 75% of your points from behind the arc.

Garza should have been able to beat that team by himself.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Damn wish Iowa had shot 4/33 from 3 against us. You know its a bad day when Mad Fran Jr. has 75% of your points from behind the arc.

Iowa didn't shoot 3's amazing against ISU, just 35%. Even after last nights debacle Iowa overall is a 34% 3pt shooting team.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa didn't shoot 3's amazing against ISU, just 35%. Even after last nights debacle Iowa overall is a 34% 3pt shooting team.

I think that's a bit misleading. Iowa missed a few at the end to bring the percentage down when the game was out of hand. Didn't they start out something like 4 for 6?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

No clue why Iowa shot any 3s with the height and size on the team compared to Nebraska.
A few high low screens to Garza would have been a decent idea.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Looking at the box score and you have to be alright with Wieskamp taking 10 because he's proven he can shoot but Toussaint taking 5 is a bad strategy

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Maybe I missed it, I dunno, but having someone like Lutz on the sidelines is huge.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No clue why Iowa shot any 3s with the height and size on the team compared to Nebraska.

You didn't watch the game? If you didn't, Fred was obviously going to take away Garza, they triple teamed him lots last night. Iowa took the shots Nebraska gave them (wide open 3's), unfortunately Wieskamp couldn't hit the ocean last night and couldn't take advantage.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You didn't watch the game? If you didn't, Fred was obviously going to take away Garza, they triple teamed him lots last night. Iowa took the shots Nebraska gave them (wide open 3's), unfortunately Wieskamp couldn't hit the ocean last night and couldn't take advantage.
This is what I posted last night. There wasn't much movement from Iowa between the posts and the arc:
Iowa needs to stop shooting 3s. I know they're double teaming Luka all the time but they need to slash guards down and have him dump it to them.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
This is what I posted last night. There wasn't much movement from Iowa between the posts and the arc:

Iowa needed to get to the basket more, but it was tough as they were packing everything down low.

What Iowa really needed to do was hit just 3 or 4 of those first 15 3's they put up, that would have forced Fred out of packing it down low.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyBobby

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Sagged in on Garza but the Hawks should have been more patient and worked it in. That said....Joe W should always have a green light. Just wasn't hitting. Really missed CJ

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I haven't seen this place this happy since before Christmas. Leave it to the the mayor of Ames to finally get the Clones back on track last night.

Why? You didn't like the wailing and grinding of teeth on the Hawk sites? Leave and try harder.

Reactions: CyBobby

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I think that's a bit misleading. Iowa missed a few at the end to bring the percentage down when the game was out of hand. Didn't they start out something like 4 for 6?
No, I'm pretty sure they started like 1/5 from three. Weiskamp started 0/3 and Garza 0/2.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sagged in on Garza but the Hawks should have been more patient and worked it in. That said....Joe W should always have a green light. Just wasn't hitting. Really missed CJ
There were time Luka was close to the arc and for a big man I know he can make those but with his size he needed to be pounding them down low. Easier said than done I know but Iowa under Fran is a make the ref call a foul type of team and they didnt do that much.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa needed to get to the basket more, but it was tough as they were packing everything down low.

What Iowa really needed to do was hit just 3 or 4 of those first 15 3's they put up, that would have forced Fred out of packing it down low.

Wieskamp is the only one on your team that can shoot if the walk on kid is out

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
There were time Luka was close to the arc and for a big man I know he can make those but with his size he needed to be pounding them down low. Easier said than done I know but Iowa under Fran is a make the ref call a foul type of team and they didnt do that much.
Can't argue with that.....it'll be pretty much the recipe from here on out if CJ doesn't make it back. Double/Triple team Garza and force Iowa to beat you from outside.

D

Deleted member 8507

Saw an Iowa fan call him Fran Pelini online. I thought that was appropriate for the Nebby game.