Frederiksen Court Building #31 Death

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
A journalist who digs through message boards to get a story? Sad........

Not sad at all... Just doing their job,working all paths to get the story.

Granted I've never used CF to get a story, I have certainly used Facebook, twitter to do so, as well as bust my hump on 'Man on the Street'ing and the good ole' phone book. No different.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Not sad at all... Just doing their job,working all paths to get the story.

Granted I've never used CF to get a story, I have certainly used Facebook, twitter to do so, as well as bust my hump on 'Man on the Street'ing and the good ole' phone book. No different.

I always thought weather reporting was guessing, but I never thought using Facebook would be a part of it. :jimlad: Just kidding I find your weather analysis on here very interesting.

At the same time while I agree a message board is a potential source for leads, I think the technique used here was pretty sad.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
A journalist who digs through message boards to get a story? Sad........

How is that sad? Shouldn't a Journalist cover all leads? CF is one of my top news sources, TBH, because of how fast everyone on here post news. I highly doubt this is the first Journalist to use CF to cover a news story...maybe the first one to openly post questions, but not the first to dig through CF.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
I always thought weather reporting was guessing, but I never thought using Facebook would be a part of it. :jimlad: Just kidding I find your weather analysis on here very interesting.

At the same time while I agree a message board is a potential source for leads, I think the technique used here was pretty sad.

Did some reporting prior to my current position.

Don't get me wrong... it wouldn't be my first option for getting the story, but if it came down to it and I was roadblocked with everything else, I don't see a problem with asking here if there's already a topic.

If it was me covering though, I'd be out at the scene.

Kinda curious as to which apartment it is. My wife lived in 2nd floor of 31 for a semester of school.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Did some reporting prior to my current position.

Don't get me wrong... it wouldn't be my first option for getting the story, but if it came down to it and I was roadblocked with everything else, I don't see a problem with asking here if there's already a topic.

If it was me covering though, I'd be out at the scene.

Kinda curious as to which apartment it is. My wife lived in 2nd floor of 31 for a semester of school.

Don't know the apt #, but the fb friend I quoted said they came home to the whole 2nd floor being blocked off by police tape and guarded by cops.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Not sad at all... Just doing their job,working all paths to get the story.Granted I've never used CF to get a story, I have certainly used Facebook, twitter to do so, as well as bust my hump on 'Man on the Street'ing and the good ole' phone book. No different.
I always thought weather reporting was guessing, but I never thought using Facebook would be a part of it. :jimlad: Just kidding I find your weather analysis on here very interesting.At the same time while I agree a message board is a potential source for leads, I think the technique used here was pretty sad.

I think you said it well, the way they tried getting info was pretty bad. I think it oks to use a message board to get info but needs to be done a better way. Maybe have them pm you and then contact them maybe. Whatever way it is, the info that is possibly shared should be kept confidential.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not sad at all... Just doing their job,working all paths to get the story.Granted I've never used CF to get a story, I have certainly used Facebook, twitter to do so, as well as bust my hump on 'Man on the Street'ing and the good ole' phone book. No different.
I always thought weather reporting was guessing, but I never thought using Facebook would be a part of it. :jimlad: Just kidding I find your weather analysis on here very interesting.At the same time while I agree a message board is a potential source for leads, I think the technique used here was pretty sad.
I think you said it well, the way they tried getting info was pretty bad. I think it oks to use a message board to get info but needs to be done a better way. Maybe have them pm you and then contact them maybe. Whatever way it is, the info that is possibly shared should be kept confidential.

if it is to be kept confidential then you probably shouldn't talk to the reporter...

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
A few updates put out by the ISD today:

Room number was 3128.
Death was ruled a suicide by hanging.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
this is incredibly gruesome, but how would you hang yourself in Freddy? The shower rod? The loft?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Koreans are short

I guess that's true, but I'm short too and having trouble figuring out how that would work. I would imagine the shower rod would break, so maybe the loft?

Ugh, that's just awful. She must have been living alone too, to have not been found for days. How sad.