Friday NCAA Wrestling Thread

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
A win on the championship side is worth 7. Consolation is worth 3.5.
There are no more advancement points -- they are built into the placement points.

Semifinal -- win means +6 points. Loss means 0 points but move to cons. round 7.

Final -- win means +4 points and you're National Champion. Loss means 0 points and you're runner-up.

Cons. round 5 -- win means +3 points and you're an All American. Loss means 0 points and you're out and you're not an AA.

Cons. round 6 (Cons. bracket quarterfinals) -- win means +3 points. Loss means 0 points BUT you still get to wrestle for 7th place.

Cons. round 7 (Cons. bracket semifinals) -- win means +3 points. Loss means 0 points BUT you still get to wrestle for 5th place.

Cons. round 8 (Cons. braket finals) -- win means +1 point and you're 3rd place. Loss means 0 points and you're 4th place.

5/6 matchup -- win means +1 point and you're 5th place. Loss means 0 points and you're 6th place.

7/8 matchup -- win means +1 point and you're 7th place. Loss means 0 points and you're 8th place.

All bonus points still apply in all matches:

Major decision +1 point.
T. Fall with back points +1.5 points.
Fall +2 points.

So your total placement points are:

NC +16
2nd +12
3rd +10
4th +9
5th +7
6th +6
7th +4
8th +3

I really hope I didn't mess that up somewhere.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
There are no more advancement points -- they are built into the placement points.

Semifinal -- win means +6 points. Loss means 0 points but move to cons. round 7.

Final -- win means +4 points and you're National Champion. Loss means 0 points and you're runner-up.

Cons. round 5 -- win means +3 points and you're an All American. Loss means 0 points and you're out and you're not an AA.

Cons. round 6 (Cons. bracket quarterfinals) -- win means +3 points. Loss means 0 points BUT you still get to wrestle for 7th place.

Cons. round 7 (Cons. bracket semifinals) -- win means +3 points. Loss means 0 points BUT you still get to wrestle for 5th place.

Cons. round 8 (Cons. braket finals) -- win means +1 point and you're 3rd place. Loss means 0 points and you're 4th place.

5/6 matchup -- win means +1 point and you're 5th place. Loss means 0 points and you're 6th place.

7/8 matchup -- win means +1 point and you're 7th place. Loss means 0 points and you're 8th place.

All bonus points still apply in all matches:

Major decision +1 point.
T. Fall with back points +1.5 points.
Fall +2 points.

So your total placement points are:

NC +16
2nd +12
3rd +10
4th +9
5th +7
6th +6
7th +4
8th +3

I really hope I didn't mess that up somewhere.

Awesome!! Thanks--that's what I was asking for. Thanks again!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The only matches without advancement are the actual placing matches (1/3/5/7). All the matches tonight, and the remaining consos tomorrow morning will have advancement points (1/0.5).

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
if sanderson does not win the national championship,pollard should get rid of him.
all of you naysayers that say the above statement,should take their rose colored glasses off. the worst coach we have ever had for a wrestling coach is a guy named bobby douglas.we have had some very good coaches in ottopalik,harold nichols,
jim gibbons and in cael sanderson.
cael sanderson is young,doing a very good job,and is starting to attract some good recruits.
GET BEHIND YOUR CURRENT COACH AND TEAM AND GIVE THEM YOUR SUPPORT.
DO THE SAME FOR ALL OF THE OTHER SPORTS.
these athletes work extra hard for their scholarships and miss plenty of classes when they are traveling on the road.
having been a former isu grappler,any support given to isu athletics is greatly appreciated and it gives the coaches a boost,too.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!