FS: 4 Tickets to KU Game (Aisle Seat) & Parking Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Hey if someone is willing to pay what you are asking go for it. It's value is what someone is willing to pay. No one is entitled to a ticket
Exactly, we are talking about a someone spending money on a luxury item. It is not drinking water.
Some people take prices personally. Buy it, offer less, or walk away. No need to take it personally.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
Exactly, this is not food or water or something anyone has to have. You do not HAVE to go to the Kansas basketball game. But if you WANT to go, you have to pay the amount it takes to convince someone that has tickets to not use them. Many of the tickets for sale are high priced because people are not going to just decide to sell their KU tickets for face value and stay home instead. If the tickets are selling, the prices must not be too high. And if KU tickets are too expensive, then buy Oklahoma or Texas tickets instead. You can go to either game for $50 per seat or so. If you think a price of something here is too high, why not just move on?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
People need to stop referencing Stub Hub in terms of market price for tickets. There was a single ticket to the UWV game in February for $500 on there. Sorry, but that is not a market price for that ticket....I mean, nobody is paying $500 for a the West Virginia game. Stub Hub is where you go and try and hit a home run hoping some rich dude who gives zero ****s about his money will give you a score. Just don't go around telling people that the Stub Hub price is what the going rate is because it's not even close.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I wish all the complainers would respectfully STFU. I am not willing to pay these prices, but I would potentially be willing to pay way over market value for donor level seating. All the whiners are probably preventing other people trying to sell good seats, from posting them on this forum. Usually you can get tickets on here a lot cheaper than stubhub.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
So referencing the prices of tickets SOLD through StubHub is not a reflection of the going rates? I agree quoting prices of unsold tickets is silly, but sold tickets do tell the story of market value IMO.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
So referencing the prices of tickets SOLD through StubHub is not a reflection of the going rates? I agree quoting prices of unsold tickets is silly, but sold tickets do tell the story of market value IMO.

That requires WAY more work than any interweb bully is willing to do. It's so much easier to anonymously complain about someone else's asking price and whine that you can't go to the game because you are a victim.

At the same time, I wish people were complaining about the prices of my tickets so they'd stay fresh on the front page. :jimlad:

Last edited:

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
People need to stop referencing Stub Hub in terms of market price for tickets. There was a single ticket to the UWV game in February for $500 on there. Sorry, but that is not a market price for that ticket....I mean, nobody is paying $500 for a the West Virginia game. Stub Hub is where you go and try and hit a home run hoping some rich dude who gives zero ****s about his money will give you a score. Just don't go around telling people that the Stub Hub price is what the going rate is because it's not even close.

Using the sold prices from stubhub isn't market rate? Interesting.

Also, obviously you don't use the highest price on there, but you can get a pretty good idea of where you need to be based on the listed prices in the middle of the pack.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
That requires WAY more work than any interweb bully is willing to do. It's so much easier to anonymously complain about someone else's asking price and whine that you can't go to the game because you are a victim.

At the same time, I wish people were complaining about the prices of my tickets so they'd stay fresh on the front page. :jimlad:

In the last 24 hours on StubHub, the following sets of seats have SOLD:
Sect 132, row 11, two seats at $648 per seat
Sect 130, row 8, 3 seats at $450 per seat
Sect 113, row 8, 2 seats at $736 per seat
Sect 211, row 7, 2 seats at $324 per seat

With all that said, anyone want to buy my sect 233, row 12 seats for $400 for the PAIR?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
In the last 24 hours on StubHub, the following sets of seats have SOLD:
Sect 132, row 11, two seats at $648 per seat
Sect 130, row 8, 3 seats at $450 per seat
Sect 113, row 8, 2 seats at $736 per seat
Sect 211, row 7, 2 seats at $324 per seat

With all that said, anyone want to buy my sect 233, row 12 seats for $400 for the PAIR?

Wow. Who is paying these prices?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
And the people that are selling their seats would gladly go to the game if their tickets don't sell. They have paid a hefty donation on top of the seat cost and would be willing to watch from home if someone would like to pay what they are asking. It's a win win for them, an opportunity afforded them by paying the donation and seat cost. Sell them and make a good chunk of the season ticket cost, don't sell them and get to go to the game.

I don't have a real issue with prices, and don't remember what you're charging, but you're making it sound like going to the game is a big sacrifice for these people.

Just stick with "some people want to make something off their tickets for this game." That's a reasonable deal, and doesn't sound ridiculous like that first line does.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I love how people use face value as the tickets actual cost and then act like Stubhub is somehow not relevant. Some of these tickets would require a $2,500 or $5,000 a year donation. Then you'd need to do it for enough years to actually be able to get the opportunity to buy them. How about you factor in all the costs before accusing someone of ripping people off.

For my seats I'd like to factor in all the bad BB and loses I've sat through also. It wasn't that long ago that if I missed a game I could barely give away my tickets.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
I love how people use face value as the tickets actual cost and then act like Stubhub is somehow not relevant. Some of these tickets would require a $2,500 or $5,000 a year donation. Then you'd need to do it for enough years to actually be able to get the opportunity to buy them. How about you factor in all the costs before accusing someone of ripping people off.

For my seats I'd like to factor in all the bad BB and loses I've sat through also. It wasn't that long ago that if I missed a game I could barely give away my tickets.

Exactly, I threw away dozens of tickets during the McDermott era that I could not even GIVE away. Where were all these fans wanting tickets then?

H

HGPuck

Kansas fans...of course when Cyclone fans list tickets on here for other Cyclone fans for less than the are selling for (not listed but selling) on Stubhub they get told they are gouging.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
And the correct answer is probably KU fans. Which is why blasting people for bringing tickets like these here for 50-70% the cost of the ones on StubHub is even dumber. Would much rather see them listed and sold here to ISU fans than go to KU fans on StubHub.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
Kansas fans...of course when Cyclone fans list tickets on here for other Cyclone fans for less than the are selling for (not listed but selling) on Stubhub they get told they are gouging.
Dang, you beat me to it. Posted nearly the exact same thing before seeing your post.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If you can get the money, I'm all for profiting off your tix. But who are paying these prices? $175 for a corner balcony ticket? That's the price of SEASON tickets. $2k for 4 tickets? Wow.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Craigslist has now become the best prices I've seen. I was late on two-$75 dollar tickets and one-$50 ticket.

I think gouging is a harsh word, but my point is some people on here want to make some money off others and that's their right to do so. I personally won't buy from someone whom that's their goal. I get I need to pay over face value, but I can't justify spending a season ticket price for one game. Also, when I was that close to a 35 dollar ticket from the website and it got taken from me. Just hard to justify going higher. All in all, I'll be able to watch the game at the worst at home and if everyone who charges high prices can get the money they want...then good for them. I just hope it's a packed house whether I'm there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.