Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
My take... this is no big deal. NO MATTER WHAT the B12 did scheduling wise, a group of us would be ******** like some on here are now. I like the scheduling model.

If I'm reading this right, the longest we miss any opponent is only one year. Holy cow people...

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
My take... this is no big deal. NO MATTER WHAT the B12 did scheduling wise, a group of us would be ******** like some on here are now. I like the scheduling model.

If I'm reading this right, the longest we miss any opponent is only one year. Holy cow people...
the loudest people in the room are the ones who are upset even if its a small number.

people in our own athletic department dont even think kstate/istate is a rivalry, lol.

Reactions: FAFO

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Let's do our part to help make sure ISU is in the B12 championship game in 2027. Keep Campbell happy, etc. Then maybe the KSU series stays uninterrupted.

A new 4-year schedule will probably be put out in 2 years. By that time, maybe it will make sense to create more "fully" protected rivalries. Let's see how it goes. It's looking like ISU will be one of the early season favorites to win the 2024 championship. We win that, and we will have some cachet to influence the scheduling the next go around.

Reactions: MugNight

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
people are acting like we're never going to play K-state again after 2027.

its 1 year off, big f'n whoop.
The whole thing is that we've played each other EVERY ******* YEAR since 1917.

2 world wars. 2 global pandemics. A whole ton of conference realignments. Through it all, Farmageddon soldiered on.

That might not mean anything to some of you here, but it means a hell of a lot to a lot of fans on both sides of it, and Pollard's condescension about people not buying road tickets through the AD is the definition of tone deaf.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
The whole thing is that we've played each other EVERY ******* YEAR since 1917.

2 world wars. 2 global pandemics. Multiple Big 12 realignments. Through it all, Farmageddon soldiered on.

That might not mean anything to some of you here, but it means a hell of a lot to a lot of fans on both sides of it, and Pollard's condescension about people not buying road tickets through the AD is the definition of tone deaf.
You'd think the important uninterrupted problem is the lack of a conference title since 1912?

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneWanderer

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You'd think the important uninterrupted problem is the lack of a conference title since 1912?
We won the Big 12 in 2020. We just didn't get a trophy for it.

But to your direct point, it's a hell of a lot easier to just keep a game on the schedule than it is to build programs and then deal with the arbitrary and shifting nature of defining what winning the conference even is.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
You're right about this, but that just shows how out of touch administrative types can be.
or just how sensitive fans are

idc if we go 1-11 but i wanna play K-state!!

At the end of the day i don't care who the hell we play, i want to win football games. If that mean't playing AZ/ASU/BYU/UTAH/UCF/HOUSTON/CINCI/BYU then so be it.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
You're right about this, but that just shows how out of touch administrative types can be.
I bet the K State AD was upset at ISU fans not buying tickets to go watch the game in BFE, aka Manhattan KS.

K State AD- "Jamieeeee, wahhhhhh wahhh wahh, your fans don't even come visit Manhattan, wahhhhhh. This isn't a real rivalry, wahhhh, my tickets wahhh."

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
nah id rather play teams that are in the big 12, actually. i just dont give a rats ass if we MISS ONE YEAR of playing K-STATE. omg the horror!!!
It's not that it is a HUGE deal, it's NOT the Red River Shootout or the Iron Bowl - it's a medium deal at best.

It's that it was an even smaller deal to keep it alive. Like, if you made that one change to preserve annual Farmageddon, there is zero downside or negative impact to anyone.

The only thing that I can think of is they didn't want to do ANY protected rivalries at all, just rando the schedule completely. But they just couldn't part with AZ-ASU, KU-KSU, and UU-BYU as those are huge. So they have to bite down and have a few. But then how TCU-Baylor got included is beyond me, but whatever.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009

Agreed. K-State, Ok-State and KU are friendly rivals going back to the Big 8/6 days. Missing them one year is no big deal and actually will put more emphasis on when they are on the schedule. I've been in favor of getting Iowa off the non-conference schedule every year and would gladly rotate them. The original reason for playing them every year was originally helping season ticket sales. Anyway, with the addition of new conference members schedules have to be adjusted to get a match up with every member at some point. I'm not buying that K-St is not a rival according to the Ath Dept, they may be shifting from friendly to dis-liked btw if they go the Iowa Hawkeye route and start acting like they have won a Natty.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
It's not that it is a HUGE deal, it's NOT the Red River Shootout or the Iron Bowl - it's a medium deal at best.

It's that it was an even smaller deal to keep it alive. Like, if you made that one change to preserve annual Farmageddon, there is zero downside or negative impact to anyone.

The only thing that I can think of is they didn't want to do ANY protected rivalries at all, just rando the schedule completely. But they just couldn't part with AZ-ASU, KU-KSU, and UU-BYU as those are huge. So they have to bite down and have a few. But then how TCU-Baylor got included is beyond me, but whatever.
100% the only national media account that even made a big deal about this yesterday was the Sickos Committee, soooo that shows you how people view this "rivalry"

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

but they protected KSU/KU, rightfully so.

that is a much bigger rivalry than iowa state/kansas state.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
it's also not true, as far back as 2012 the AD was putting out official Farmageddon graphics
Gotcha. So for a whopping 10% of the series’ existence and notably after other, longer series ended (Mizzou, Nebraska).

When I was at ISU early to mid 2000s, no one called it Farmageddon. And it was probably the 3rd or 4th hyped of ISU’s matchups in the Big 12 North (behind Nebraska, Mizzou, and Colorado)

Reactions: jctisu