Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
With the site now heading into its fourth week, I want to discuss the direction and future of CycloneFanatic.com going forward.

It has been an amazing start to CycloneFanatic over the past three weeks, and I owe all of you my greatest gratitude for making it such a success. It's been an incredibly smooth roll out of all the features on the site, and I appreciate all the positive feedback I have received. Be on the lookout for more new features in the future.

Here is a quick rundown of some of the features that a lot of you have already started to use on a daily basis:

•Message Boards
•Chatbox
•Site Calendar (nothing scheduled yet)
•Download Section (again, nothing yet)
•NewsFeeds
•Anonymous Email Address (submit confidential tips/news)
•Donation Button (site will always be free for all access)
•Private Messages (send any member a message instantly)
•Comments on News Items

There will be more great features coming in the not-so-distant future.

CycloneFanatic is a site devoted to each and every one of you. Only you can determine the future success of the site. There are obviously other sites on the internet where you can find ISU related news, at a price. My goals for this site are simply to provide everybody a place to relax, learn about the latest news, and share their opinions on the forums. The freedoms allowed on this site are unprecedented in that no other site allows everybody to have equal and unimpeded access to the same information.

With the biggest news events of the past few years behind us, the site will have to introduce more articles and reports to replace the lack of breaking news and rumors. If you would like to have your voice heard, please send me a PM, or email me, and we can get your article(s) posted. Over the summer months, I will need to have several of you step up and submit things that you would like have posted to the front-page. The forums will continue to grow as a destination for all 'Clone fans, and will be a big part of the site going forward. Without your participation, our future is limited in the directions that we can go. With your support, there are no limits to where we can take this site.

I also want to take this time to remind everybody of the promises I made when I started this site:

•I will never charge for access to the website.
•I will never moderate the forums to fit my opinion, or anybody else’s.
•Everybody is treated equally and fairly.
•Every opinion matters, that includes yours.
•I will try my hardest to have articles that fit all fan bases, regardless of opinion.
•Any moderation of the forums is simply to maintain the flow of discussion and not to steer opinions.
•CycloneFanatic will be around as long as the fans are, no more, no less.

It is with the above being said, that I announce that we are almost to the 300 registered users mark. We are currently averaging close to 40,000 visitors per day, with a peak time of 9:00pm CST.

Thank you for all the support, this site wouldn't be here without you!

Our next goal is to make CycloneFanatic.com the first stop, last stop, and only stop, for every Cyclone fan on the net!

Sincerely,
Jeremy
CycloneFanatic.com

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Jeremy I want to personally thank you for creating a really awesome site. Keep up the great work! CF is clearly THE choice for true Cyclone Fanatics!!!

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Jeremy, thanks for this site it is the only cyclone site I go to now and I would also like to know if their will be a roundup tonight or when it will be if not today. Thanks

redsoxcy

Apr 11, 2006
Jeremy,

Did you really mean to say 300 registered users? It has to be a typo. How can there only be 300 members when Clone33, for example is number 1376? I am registered member number 732. Your site is superb.

MtDewaholic

Apr 10, 2006
[quote1145157878=redsoxcy]
Jeremy,

Did you really mean to say 300 registered users? It has to be a typo. How can there only be 300 members when Clone33, for example is number 1376? I am registered member number 732. Your site is superb.
[/quote1145157878]

Jeremy's post is dated March 30. Three hundred was probably correct when he posted that. The forced login must have accelerated the membership rates.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I'm definately happy I ran across this site, and am proud to be an early registered member... awesome job, Jeremy.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Re: Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

OP's idea will never work.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Re: Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

Any moderation of the forums is simply to maintain the flow of discussion and not to steer opinions.
WTF Mods!?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron