FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017
There is no way ISU is the only one rolling this out. Does anyone know if other schools are having the same problems?
Vikings have had this for a couple years, but with more entry points to the stadium. Absolutely flawless there even 15 minutes before kickoff

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
We also had issues getting in today. We left the tailgate around our usual time and arrived at the north gate mob around 12:20-12:30 and were in line for 45 minutes to an hour before we made it to our seats. Once we got to the scanner it was really fast. I had my tickets (4) in my wallet and they all scanned quickly with no issues.

Based on that, I’m not sure what was making it so slow. The rate at which the line moved was slower than the tickets being scanned it seemed.

At the very least, we learned our lesson for next week and plan to leave our tailgate and arrive at the stadium much earlier

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Blame the fans, should get there earlier is not the answer. Just another reason to stay home. Left tailgate at 1230, got into gate with 2 minutes of q1 left. Got to section after 1st quarter and just said **** it my kids had no interest by that point. Family friendly my ass. Atleast 2nd half is nice from couch.

All the inconveniences have me as I'm older and have bad knees that watching at home is just fine. I have other reasons mostly work related that have forced me from going to games and I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We enter thru this gate every game. Got there early today (about 12:20) and walked right in...no line at all.
From the north? How do you get around the building, fencing, etc.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
NW gate took about 15/20 minutes at 1215. Sounds like we just beat the rush. People behind us didn't get in until mid first quarter.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
So someone mentioned parking. I cannot speak for the other lots but leaving the S lots to the south at 16th was a cluster and this was early in the 4th (we had been at a point it was time to leave. Way early and yes others were leaving early but they had no traffic direction at the street or exits. They need to get there earleir to allow being able to handle those walking across University with those coming out of the s lots While we all know it is a challenge anytime after the game they showed up way to late this time and were not really good on handling the traffic off 30 incoming.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It was just the old people like me that cause all of the problems with this. We can't run a phone. (insert sarcasm, we couldn't go today)
I thought that might happen to us. One thing that WAS slowing folks down was that people were not together to enter the stadium, so there were people around us that were trying to transfer tickets or meet up with other folks when they were already IN the big mash of humans at the north gate.

The cell connection is still an issue for us (Verizon users). I tried texting him in the seats, first from the breezeway, then from the aid station. When I left the aid station I was trying to make my way back to our seats to get him and thank goodness for some young man who spotted me and asked if I needed help. I must have looked like death warmed over. He went down to our seats & got spouse for me and brought him up to me.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The entry today was a god damn joke. Some old guy said “it’s the same everywhere!” In front me referring to other stadiums. Like hell it is, and it’s so so much worse than ever. One gate people stormed it. That’s not normal.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On a side note.

Did anyone expect this to go well?

The tech nerds. Only reason it won't work is because of the old person behind the phone. That was the talk all wk on CF.
Personally I had it all downloaded and it worked but the line moved way to slow for only having 30ish people ahead of me. Niece's tap and go did not work but she got caught in that giant throng that didn't get in until at least half way through the 1st qtr.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This isn’t new tech. Is this a Ticketmaster issue, ISUAD issue, both? What wasn’t working that works for other things?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Still mad over that ticket experience today. Hope we get an explanation and apology but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Cloned4Life

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah like others have said, it was bad. Really bad. Once I finally got the scanner, it worked in 0.45 milliseconds. Getting to the scanner was pure torture. If ONE person had an issue, it held up that specific scanner for several minutes, as the staff scrambled to try to help, and the fan scrambled to try to ask for help (or just complain).

I actually thought pregame it wasn’t going to be a big deal, that all the concern was overblown. Nope, it was so embarrassingly bad.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The tech nerds. Only reason it won't work is because of the old person behind the phone. That was the talk all wk on CF.
Personally I had it all downloaded and it worked but the line moved way to slow for only having 30ish people ahead of me. Niece's tap and go did not work but she got caught in that giant throng that didn't get in until at least half way through the 1st qtr.

It really only takes a few to muddy the process.

The pics online are awful. At 1 o'clock the gates were packed?

Not a good start. Not really forgivable either. The business has to meet the customers where they are. Blaming fans for this bull is weak.

(Not that you are)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
It was beyond f*cked up.
Felt bad for the event staff, it obviously wasn't their fault (at least, I assume it wasn't) but they bore the brunt of it. Still, people have to express their frustration somewhere. People were standing still for a half hour and passing out. No excuse for it.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I was on the bridge for over a half hour today but once it was my turn to scan it took less than 10 seconds to scan in 3 tickets. Our group is planning on heading in 1 hour in advance next week based on todays disaster.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This isn’t new tech. Is this a Ticketmaster issue, ISUAD issue, both? What wasn’t working that works for other things?
Can't speak for others, but this is the first time I've used the tap & go feature. I have had electronic tickets for concerts and they were scanned by a person holding a reader. So maybe my android is the issue, maybe it isn't.