Gabby Petito found dead in Wyoming

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just read an article that a month before officers almost arrested her because she slapped and punched him. So apparently there was elevated conflict even before.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It’s wild to me that he even came home without her.

And it’s really weird that her parents didn’t file a missing person report right away when he came home without her - news this morning says it was filed 10 days after he got gone without her.

Reactions: Angie

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I haven't read a ton of the stories yet but wouldn't her phone locate the last tower it pinged off of?
Mayne the phone stayed in the car?

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I was wondering: did he wait until he got home and someone asked where she was? What do you explain to people?

I'd guess there's a handful of people involved that have issues.
A couple actually picked him up while he was hitchhiking. His story was she remained at Camp working on their social media story.
Her family also believes he may of been texting them on her phone to carry on the idea of her existence for a period of time

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
I haven't read a ton of the stories yet but wouldn't her phone locate the last tower it pinged off of?
Mayne the phone stayed in the car?

many places out west or even pockets of the Midwest have no service, despite what carriers would tell you. Additionally, they need a search warrant to get that data. All takes time, for sure.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
many places out west or even pockets of the Midwest have no service, despite what carriers would tell you. Additionally, they need a search warrant to get that data. All takes time, for sure.

I have Verizon, and there are large areas of no coverage on I-80 past North Platte Nebraska when traveling either to Cheyenne or Denver (I-76). If they can't even properly cover transcontinental routes with coverage, I can only imagine what it looks like in lower population areas.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Crazy that a youtuber editing one of their videos essentially found her.

This is insane. If you watch the videos of the vloggers finding the van in that thread, you can definitely see what appears to be somebody walking in the field opening to the left.

Couple that with the fact that you can see her white sandal & phone behind the van, it’s pretty chilling.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This guy is the worlds worst criminal and his parents are walking a very fine line on conspiracy after the fact. I assume they're on the legal side since they've been following the advice of an attorney the entire time but assisting in the getaway seems like it should be crossing that line.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was even closer to this thing than I originally thought. The morning he hitchhiked out of Colter Bay campground I was also leaving that campground to start my backpacking trip, I left there at 730 that morning. There are countless vans like that these days in nat parks.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Colter bay campground and Grand Teton Nat Park have the least service of the many nat parks I’ve been to. Sometimes I only lose service in back country but I had no service even in the official campgrounds and heavy tourist areas of that park.