Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Again, so we're clear, Cyclone fanatics are discussing alleged Cyclone players' alleged actions violating alleged law and discovered through alleged software compliance checks?

Who has actual sources that any of this is happening? Not a rumor. Not a guy close to the dept who said something. Not posts from a message board. Someone... anyone... with an actual name stating any of these things.
Shame you're not on the premium board :jimlad:

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Only a casual fan opinion, the FB staff is short sighted if they don't at least try out Sama at RB.
Sama initially committed as a DB but as his senior year went on, the coaching staff approached him and asked if he’d be interested in coming in as a RB instead and he basically said he’s happy to play wherever the team needs him

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Again, so we're clear, Cyclone fanatics are discussing alleged Cyclone players' alleged actions violating alleged law and discovered through alleged software compliance checks?

Who has actual sources that any of this is happening? Not a rumor. Not a guy close to the dept who said something. Not posts from a message board. Someone... anyone... with an actual name stating any of these things.
That's not how sources and message boards work. No one is going to say who they heard from.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny

Isn't it great that we have "sportwriters" that are apparently so busy covering our teams [checks calendar, frowns] that they are incapable of filling in even the least controversial gaps in our awareness?

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Isn't it great that we have "sportwriters" that are apparently so busy covering our teams [checks calendar, frowns] that they are incapable of filling in even the least controversial gaps in our awareness?
Williams has literally said he won't put out the names for legal reasons and out of respect for the players. Calm down

clonze2011

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 15, 2011
Sacramento
Unless you have some high end gov VPN, it won’t work. I tried very hard when I was out of state during March madness
You could install a VPN on your router. Then when you set your router to a different state, and connect to WIFI on your phone.. your phone can’t detect that a VPN is being used. But how desperate are we??? I did this when I lived abroad. It’s not the most straightforward thing to do

• Informative
Reactions: ISUgrad22

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You could install a VPN on your router. Then when you set your router to a different state, and connect to WIFI on your phone.. your phone can’t detect that a VPN is being used. But how desperate are we??? I did this when I lived abroad. It’s not the most straightforward thing to do
Tell me you don't have a gambling problem without telling me you don't have a gambling problem... :)

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Also might have to spoof your GPS location for some apps.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
GPS location is always on for Fan Duel and Draftkings and is super sensitive. When I was in Arizona, driving with some friends to the Waste Management open, I tried to throw a bet in on the tournament.

App was working just fine and then just stopped working. This is because the interstate from Phoenix to Scottsdale happens to go over tribal land for about 4 miles and the gambling apps aren't allowed there.

That's how sensitive it is.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Then why have professionals...both players as well as officials...done exactly that? They're making SIGNIFICANTLY more than 99% of the collegiate athletes.

Most athletes aren't getting substantial NIL. No one has ever accused college age students of being good decision makers.
The players needed for a point shaving scheme are the high profile guys who are already making hundreds of thousands in NIL. A backup LB on the take isn't going to be able to really affect the outcome of a game.

And where are your examples of elite, highly paid athletes getting paid to tank games? Are we talking about the Black Sox in like 1919 or maybe Art Schlichter?

Point shaving has to be kept under the radar or the whole thing collapses. Huge bets on odd games tips off handicappers who then flag those games as potentially suspect.

In all the publicized NCAA point shaving scams in the past, the players involved were paid very little (by design) and never what was promised because the wise guys wanted all the money for themselves.

The players in some cases really needed the money and in some were just greedy. But none of them had the kind of bank that players now have due to NIL.

As for you saying most aren't getting substantial NIL money, I guess that depends on one's definition of substantial. I consider tens of thousands substantial. The best players on all teams teams make way more than that.

And they're not going to risk all that and more on some halfbaked point shaving scheme that doesn't guarantee them any money.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Think this horse is dead! Wait till rosters appear. Think about 2 late adds through portal. Get head out and deal. We will know soon enough. Go to realignment and start t new school add rumor- like St John’s or Georgetown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron