Geeks of the world UNITE!!! Comic-Con

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Has anybody been? I'd love to go sometime. Next year might be the year with all of the movies coming out.

Let me get this out of the way. I don't care what the rest of you think. Yes, I know what a woman is. I've been married for 8 years. No, I don't live in my parent's basement. I've never played WOW. I have a job. I'm pretty normal looking. I go to the gym and ride my bicycle. I think that should take care of most of the smart remarks, but I'm sure there will a few I didn't touch on.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
Willy/SuperCy, you forgot to tell all these cats that you paint dolls in your spare time...

You also threw up on a girl after she gave you the "Let's be friends" speech...

You also had numerous posters of half-naked, oiled up dudes gracing the walls of your bedroom for at LEAST a year.

Yes, I would go to Comic-Con and lay waste to the hot Japanese Cosplay Chicks. While you ironed your Green Lantern T-Shirt in the hotel room.

Last edited:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Willy/SuperCy, you forgot to tell all these cats that you paint dolls in your spare time...

You also threw up on a girl after she gave you the "Let's be friends" speech...

You also had numerous posters of half-naked, oiled up dudes gracing the walls of your bedroom for at LEAST a year.

Yes, I would go to Comic-Con and lay waste to the hot Japanese Cosplay Chicks. While you ironed your Green Lantern T-Shirt in the hotel room.

1) They are not dolls.

2) I didn not throw up on her. I was drunk out my mind a party. We went outside. She told me that. I was already feeling sick. I went into the bushes. Bad timing.

3) You exagerate.

Did you ever find the pictures of you, a girl and the chocolate chip ice cream?

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Geekiness, much to the geeks' dismay, is becoming much more mainstream these days, as a lot of us who grew up around these characters get older. Good superhero movies have helped that become a reality.

I think it'd be fun to go sometime, but I really wish I'd have gone when they did the Lost panels. Hard to get geeked up over anything these days for me.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Geekiness, much to the geeks' dismay, is becoming much more mainstream these days, as a lot of us who grew up around these characters get older. Good superhero movies have helped that become a reality.

I think it'd be fun to go sometime, but I really wish I'd have gone when they did the Lost panels. Hard to get geeked up over anything these days for me.

I would have loved to sit in on the BSG panels.

Next year we'll have Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern and possibly something about the next Batman movie (2012).

there's always something for most anyone there.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
1) They are not dolls.

2) I didn not throw up on her. I was drunk out my mind a party. We went outside. She told me that. I was already feeling sick. I went into the bushes. Bad timing.

3) You exagerate.

Did you ever find the pictures of you, a girl and the chocolate chip ice cream?

1) Action Figures then...whatever

2) I'm pretty sure that exchange is on tape and I'm half again as sure that said tape is in my possession

3) Did you or did you not have multiple posters featuring half-naked oiled up dudes in your bedroom?

I remember that girl...she was fat and she also had one really unique attribute that I would get banned for spelling out in this milieu. Lol, can you guess what it was/is?

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I've never been a comic book fan, but one of these days I will go. Of course I've said that every year I've lived in San Diego and I haven't made it yet, maybe next year will be the year..........

The people watching has to be worth the price of admission. This was in yesterday's paper:

kling_t593.jpg

Klingons encouraged to take trolley to Comic-Con - SignOnSanDiego.com

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Has anybody been? I'd love to go sometime. Next year might be the year with all of the movies coming out.

Let me get this out of the way. I don't care what the rest of you think. Yes, I know what a woman is. I've been married for 8 years. No, I don't live in my parent's basement. I've never played WOW. I have a job. I'm pretty normal looking. I go to the gym and ride my bicycle. I think that should take care of most of the smart remarks, but I'm sure there will a few I didn't touch on.

You forgot to include your last shower and/or haircut... important info! :wink:

If it helps, I'm female and I'd love to go.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
What were some of the favorite things people heard out of Comic Con this year? I was away all weekend so I have not kept up too much. But from the small amount I have seen, the Destroyer outfit was pretty awesome and I am pretty pumped for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Olivia Munn was there. Thats all I care to know.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I am liking Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. I am hoping they make it more of an Ultimate Hawkeye look rather than the purple get-up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron