Georges Bum of the Game

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Question is: this is just some dude on twitter that is big time fanatic right? It looks like he tweets this out.

No, this is put together by the "Mountaineer Maniacs" which are the rough equivalent to Cyclone Alley. These sheets are distributed to the student section at every home basketball game.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
West Virginia has been in the Big 12 only a short time, but I think I dislike them about as much as anybody. I hope we kick their butt.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
If you don't get the difference between a unique, original joke like the coordinated flop last year and having to tell your student section how to do the "you you you on you" and "left right left right sit down" cheers and that you should jump when your team hits a 3 I don't know what to tell you.

This thing goes out EVERY WEEK. It's just a pathetic and embarrassing effort overall.

I'm all for a legitimately funny thing like this with some original jokes that are in good fun.

This thing is either on the level of "making fun of Kane's dead father" or "you players are doodooheads CLAP CLAP CLAP"

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
geez. not one like for a joke about oxycodone and mountain dew? tough crowd

this fits better.

hillbilly_holler_1.jpg

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Getting dirt on our players and having chants for specific players: good

a section telling fans what to do for basic basketball student sections: bad

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I had to read The Glass Castle while in high school, and she lived in West Virginia for her teenage years. based on her telling a of her adolescence, that state is ROUGH. It's right up there with Alabama and Mississippi.

sticks

Dec 16, 2014
What's up with reading the paper then ripping it up and throwing it in the air like confetti? Sooooo original.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
If you don't get the difference between a unique, original joke like the coordinated flop last year and having to tell your student section how to do the "you you you on you" and "left right left right sit down" cheers and that you should jump when your team hits a 3 I don't know what to tell you.

This thing goes out EVERY WEEK. It's just a pathetic and embarrassing effort overall.

I'm all for a legitimately funny thing like this with some original jokes that are in good fun.

This thing is either on the level of "making fun of Kane's dead father" or "you players are doodooheads CLAP CLAP CLAP"

In my defense, I only paid attention to the stuff regarding ISU's players. The rest of that is ridiculous.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
In my defense, I only paid attention to the stuff regarding ISU's players. The rest of that is ridiculous.

Even then the stuff is so poorly executed.

Bum of the game is just so asinine. You pick the best player on the other team and name him the "Bum of the game"? Can you come up with something a little more fitting?

And they keep explaining their jokes.... there is literally nothing less funny than explaining your own joke.

Dustin Hogue kicked Kevin last year. So chant "Don't kick Kevin" !!!! Wow how did they come up with that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron