Giggles

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
shower

p.s. did you all know Matt is 33? :biglaugh:

Truly a man child. His maturity level is well below 33. One thing for sure . . he keeps telling people he won't change and he is never wrong. Sounds like a great formula for success as he grows older.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Cyched said:
Come after me! I'm a man...I'm 33!

The OP that let this come out is garbage! Attacking an amateur sports radio host for doing everything right! :jimlad:

I don't want to stir the pot any more than it has become since I don't know who this Matt is or what he is like. I just wanted to have some fun with Mike Gundy's rant. Boy that is a classic moment in athletics!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I can't believe it, but I find myself listening to Marty more and more. I am not proud of that.

Exactly it was refreshing hearing him talk baseball and NBA tonight.

I love Ken and Matt, but I get sick of people saying the same opinions over and over for weeks. Come up with some new topics.... sports talk radio is lame when all you want to talk is ISU and Iowa. I guess most listeners in Central Iowa are the types to turn off the station if they arent talking ISU or Iowa.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
So what did Giggles say today?

He most likely looked into the mirror and said

"I'm going to do a terrific show today! And I'm gonna help people! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!

Reactions: rdubbs

isumills

Dec 18, 2008
Johnston
The OP that let this come out is garbage! Attacking an amateur sports radio host for doing everything right! :jimlad:

I don't want to stir the pot any more than it has become since I don't know who this Matt is or what he is like. I just wanted to have some fun with Mike Gundy's rant. Boy that is a classic moment in athletics!
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Where are we at in society toay? Attacking an amateur sports radio show host because his fact based opinions are false. I bet you've never had to run to Ken Miller crying because an entire fan base wants you off the air. Thats not right, that my friend is garbage, so get your facts straight. Thats why I don't listen to these shows because there garbage.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Cause people hear what they want to hear....and I DON'T CONTROL the phones. I can't hang on anyone. If you're dumb on the air - Ken runs you. It's pretty easy...if you want to quote me...quote me correctly.

The funny thing is, he didn't misquote you...because...YOU DIDN'T LET HIM FINISH!

haha, that was the best part. He starts the sentence with something like, "Matt, you said the other day that the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry will be bigger than Iowa-Iowa Sta..." then BAM! You SCREAM INTO THE MICROPHONE! "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! DON'T MISQUOTE ME! THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!!!" - All the while, the guy is trying say "Let me finish!" "Let me finish Matt!" - and well, needless to say, you did not let him finish lol. You were going to shout loud enough and long enough until Kenny Miller got so uncomfortable that he had to end the call. Now you keep blabbing how you were misquoted. You weren't. You didn't let him finish his sentence. He very well could have said in his next 5 words "...in 3 to 5 years..." You just HAD to talk over him before he could get his point in.

And a follow up Matt. Why not let him finish his point, even if he did misquote you? Doesn't it feel childish to you to go on a screaming rant in the MIDDLE of a guys sentence? So what if he misquotes you! Friggin be a man about it, let him talk, and THEN rebuttle him and say "Hey, first of all, you misquoted me. Here's what I really said..." and be calm about it. Then converse with him, show him he misquoted, and see if that changes his point. If it turns out his whole call was based on believing something you really didn't say, then great- you win! Next caller! It's as simple as that Matt. Why do you have to cut a guy off, talk over him, SHOUT at him on radio like a little kid with VERY, VERY thin skin? You do sports talk radio dude. Why not let people talk? Hey, I'm only 25, but I understand the concept of letting another human being finish their friggin sentence. If they are wrong, or misquote me, then I'll tell them after they're done. Dam it's annoying on radio when you get on these pisssy, whiny shouting matches in the middle of someone talking. You have to realize that's bad radio, right? Why can't you be the bigger man and let a guy talk? And then converse afterwards? Is that a hard concept?

Here's a quick lesson. Let's say I say this: "I think Greg McDermott will struggle unless he recruits more stably at Creighton."

Let's say someone says back to me, "I heard you say that Greg McDermott will struggle unless he recruits more stably to Creighton."

Using your logic, I should CUT HIM OFF and SHOUT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS that he misquoted me right about in the middle of the word "struggle." Because afterall, that would be a misquote, right? I didn't say Mac would struggle. I said he would struggle if he didn't recruit more stable players, players that will stick around and not transfer. Using your logic, I should get extremely defensive in the MIDDLE of the sentence just to make sure I do not get misquoted.

Other guy: "I heard you say that Greg McDermott will strug.."
Me: "I DID NOT SAY THAT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YOU ARE MISQUOTING ME!!!! THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID! AHHHH!! YELLLLLLLLLINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!"

See how awkward that is?

The end.

Reactions: jmb

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Keep up the pressure Fanatics, giggles is feeling the heat.

LOL! This has to be one of the dumbest things I've read on this topic yet! Seriously, you think by calling in and sounding like a moron trying to get him worked up is going to get him fired? Wow... All the people that that are doing are making Cyclone fans look bad and wasting their own time while looking like an idiot themselves in the process. If you want Matt gone STOP CALLING IN AND STOP LISTENING TO HIS SHOW!!! (insert smiley banging head against wall here)

Ratings draw advertising, if no one listens then no one is going to advertise with them and then they have a reason to make a change but you guys are just fueling the very thing that keeps him in this market and keeps his paychecks coming which is calling into his show and listening. The more you complain about him the better his job security will be because all KXNO cares about is that you LISTEN to his show thus they can show the high ratings to advertisers and cash in on it.

krustysponge

Apr 29, 2009
crapland
LOL! This has to be one of the dumbest things I've read on this topic yet! Seriously, you think by calling in and sounding like a moron trying to get him worked up is going to get him fired? Wow... All the people that that are doing are making Cyclone fans look bad and wasting their own time while looking like an idiot themselves in the process. If you want Matt gone STOP CALLING IN AND STOP LISTENING TO HIS SHOW!!! (insert smiley banging head against wall here)

Ratings draw advertising, if no one listens then no one is going to advertise with them and then they have a reason to make a change but you guys are just fueling the very thing that keeps him in this market and keeps his paychecks coming which is calling into his show and listening. The more you complain about him the better his job security will be because all KXNO cares about is that you LISTEN to his show thus they can show the high ratings to advertisers and cash in on it.

Disagree. I do think this will work. I didn't call in and sound like a moron but your post does. He's getting extra sensitive and enough people will get sick of his giggles. Come on Matt, you can post better than this.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006

^^^THIS^^^

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Disagree. I do think this will work. I didn't call in and sound like a moron but your post does. He's getting extra sensitive and enough people will get sick of his giggles. Come on Matt, you can post better than this.

Keep it up then, it will just gauruntee we'll be talking about Matt over and over here until people realize calling in trying to "bait" him into something stupid is only going to keep him on the air in this market. It hasn't kept Martha out of DSM either and you can thank Jeff Conn for that one leaving the mic on while he had his tirade. The listeners didn't even get him canned! The only people that look stupid are the ones calling in thinking that will make a difference by trying to rile up guys like Matt and Martha.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdubbs

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron