Golden Globes/Oscars 2019

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
https://www.goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees

Anybody seen any of these yet? As usual I'm going to try to watch as many as possible. Went to A Star is Born a while back and really liked it. Watched Blackkklansman last night and enjoyed it more than I expected. Just got back from the theater and Bohemian Rhapsody was definitely worth the time and money. Didn't think I'd waiver on Bradley Cooper getting Best Actor for Drama but I'd give it to Rami Malek at this point. Almost forgot I was in a theater during the Live Aid performance and had to stop myself from applauding right along with the crowd.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I hope the Rage Against the Machine drummer climbs up the stage prop and refuses to leave until everybody gets an award.

Deer Hunter is a good movie. So is Patton. Goodfellas still a classic. I haven't seen any of the Star is Born versions yet...but I would if I have the time.
The Hollywood Foreign Press organization and how they nominate movies should be made into a movie.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
A Star is Born is solid. I like Cooper, never been a Gaga fan but gained a lot of respect for her as an actor. Dice Clay was awesome.

Green Book is really, really good. Viggo and Mahershala both deserve all the accolades they get. Still have a lot to see but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up as my favorite movie of the year.

Old Man and the Gun was good, very nice swan song for Redford. Wouldn't put it up there with the others but a nice watch and refreshing to see a movie that doesn't need two hours to tell its story.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
A Bridge Too Far is on Amazon Prime right now. Best Movie Ever.

A Bridge Too F*&king Far! are you kidding me? Anthony Hopkins best performance. Sean Connery's best performance. Robert Redford's best performance after Jeremiah Johnson. Definitely Elliot Gould's best performance. Gene Hackman's best performance. Good Michael Caine performance. James Caan over did it a little, but still good. Laurence Olivier. Some other dudes. Hell, I would just pay to see Maximillian Schell say "Crush Arnhem" again on the big screen. This should be IMAX high def. re-released.
All Great war movies are anti-war movies...and this holds true here too. Score, editing, special effects are appropriate for today. Lifetime Achievment Golden Globe to everyone who had anything to do with that movie.

Help Support Us

Become a patron