Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I've actually been thinking all along (since the latest renderings appeared) that, at the very least, a large donor had implied strongly that they'd like to get the stadium done as soon as possible. And if something like that were to happen that they'd put up a good share. Honestly, I have no information at all on the subject, but, it did seem odd that all of a sudden the stadium phase 2 was put into motion so quickly. Someone had to have an ideal that this could happen earlier than previously thought.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
This is bad news for message board people. Its probably going to be something like 10 million bucks from some company or person (who lives in Ankeny) But now we have weeks to sit and think about what if its 40 million, what if its 25 million etc....Then 10 Million doesn't sound as good.:) But will take it don't get me wrong and its still a ton of money.

I was kind of hoping for someone to donate 50 million for the Football Stadium and 20 million to build the practice facility. We would almost have everything paid off in donations.

IF you had a couple Billion Dollars and you were a cyclone fan would you be good for 70 million?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Don't remember comments I made, but I think before the new renderings were released I commented (or was thinking anyways :sad:) That there is no way new renderings are made unless JP has a specific plan in place... either to go ahead with the upper deck as part of his over all fund raising plan (and there was indication that he could obtain the funding) OR more likely, he had funding in place and just needed approval. Spending more money on showing off your dreams doesn't make sense unless it's very likely you can accomplish them

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I've actually been thinking all along (since the latest renderings appeared) that, at the very least, a large donor had implied strongly that they'd like to get the stadium done as soon as possible. And if something like that were to happen that they'd put up a good share. Honestly, I have no information at all on the subject, but, it did seem odd that all of a sudden the stadium phase 2 was put into motion so quickly. Someone had to have an ideal that this could happen earlier than previously thought.

This is why a lot of us were wondering why people would be getting so ticked off about not getting the practice facility built. I am guessing it went down like you said, but who knows. A donor is pretty much going to dictate all of this.
And the fact that we are putting over 50 million into our campus rec buildings will stop the bleeding a little in basketball until we get someone to build the practice facility.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
This is bad news for message board people. Its probably going to be something like 10 million bucks from some company or person (who lives in Ankeny) But now we have weeks to sit and think about what if its 40 million, what if its 25 million etc....Then 10 Million doesn't sound as good.:) But will take it don't get me wrong and its still a ton of money.

I was kind of hoping for someone to donate 50 million for the Football Stadium and 20 million to build the practice facility. We would almost have everything paid off in donations.

IF you had a couple Billion Dollars and you were a cyclone fan would you be good for 70 million?

Way to kill my last hour at work :skeptical:

Even if it is only $10 million though... might be enough to jump start the over all fundraising campain. Obviously, getting people like me to kick in a few hundred dollars isn't going to be the same as getting a $40 million donation, but better than what we've got now... Still, here's hoping it's a bit more than 10

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This is why a lot of us were wondering why people would be getting so ticked off about not getting the practice facility built. I am guessing it went down like you said, but who knows. A donor is pretty much going to dictate all of this.
And the fact that we are putting over 50 million into our campus rec buildings will stop the bleeding a little in basketball until we get someone to build the practice facility.

Well, college football is my favorite sport. The Cyclones are my favorite team, so, if I had a few million dollars burning a whole in my pocket, I would have given to JP and said, Here, take this, but, Make sure the Jack is bowled in before you do anything else. Plus, I don't just think it's me. Even if you weren't a supporter of football over basketball, if you are going to put your money somewhere, where is it going to show your generous spirit more. During every home football game, especially those that make TV or the BBall practice facility that most people probably won't notice after it's built.

Honestly, I'm not saying that the BBall practice facility isn't a big deal and a much needed addition. But, if you are going to put your name on something, you might as well get some exposure for it too. I suppose, even if the stadium doesn't get it's name changed (Man I hope not) you are still going to get the mention whenever it's on TV. Mind you, this is all speculation on my part.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Well, college football is my favorite sport. The Cyclones are my favorite team, so, if I had a few million dollars burning a whole in my pocket, I would have given to JP and said, Here, take this, but, Make sure the Jack is bowled in before you do anything else. Plus, I don't just think it's me. Even if you weren't a supporter of football over basketball, if you are going to put your money somewhere, where is it going to show your generous spirit more. During every home football game, especially those that make TV or the BBall practice facility that most people probably won't notice after it's built.

Honestly, I'm not saying that the BBall practice facility isn't a big deal and a much needed addition. But, if you are going to put your name on something, you might as well get some exposure for it too. I suppose, even if the stadium doesn't get it's name changed (Man I hope not) you are still going to get the mention whenever it's on TV. Mind you, this is all speculation on my part.

Exactly....If I was a company I would much rather have my name plastered on the South Endzone so whenever they kick a fieldgoal the see "The Home Depot South Endzone" etc.....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Exactly....If I was a company I would much rather have my name plastered on the South Endzone so whenever they kick a fieldgoal the see "The Home Depot South Endzone" etc.....

In recent years, I doubt anyone wanted to have their name near the south endzone.

Just picture it, missed field goal or interception in OT. Last image seen for the season is that play and then behind it (Company Logo/Name). :wink:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006

I honestly do not think that $10M is enough to move ahead with the project. Especially with the upper deck. I'm guessing that if JP really plans on moving ahead, he will need a lot more than that in donations.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
In recent years, I doubt anyone wanted to have their name near the south endzone.

Just picture it, missed field goal or interception in OT. Last image seen for the season is that play and then behind it (Company Logo/Name). :wink:

So your saying the 04 Mizzou game when Meyer got Picked in OT to lose the game and North Title...
Lincoln Mutual Life and Casualty Insurance South Endzone wouldn't be cool to see?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So your saying the 04 Mizzou game when Meyer got Picked in OT to lose the game
Lincoln Mutual Life and Casualty Insurance South Endzone wouldn't be cool to see?

Well, for some people it may provide piece of mind. Say for example a guy that wants to hang himself after yet another missed opportunity. It'll remind him that he has a good life insurance policy to take care of the wife/kids.

Or someone that wants to blow some crap up - namely his red car with gold pinstripes. He'll feel good knowing it's insured.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This is bad news for message board people. Its probably going to be something like 10 million bucks from some company or person (who lives in Ankeny) But now we have weeks to sit and think about what if its 40 million, what if its 25 million etc....Then 10 Million doesn't sound as good.:)

I'm tired of ISU fooling around with paltry sums of money like $10 million. $10 million shouldn't even get you your name scrawled into the wet sidewalk concrete by a construction worker. Time for ISU to demand Boone Pickens money. Chizik's cold stare alone should be able to get that much out of a big donor. Then ADJP can turn on the charm, and get another $100 million.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I think I heard on a radio news cast the other day that Boone Pickens was saying the energy industry needs to invest more in this that and the other thing...

Yet what is Boone Pickens doing with his oil money? Building a new stadium and hand picking coaches so he can be more comfortable while watching his team get the beat down

goldmember

May 31, 2006
Whenever phase 2 is a go, I just hope it's done right. High quality materials, stone brick, etc. Don't half a$$ it. Give Jack Trice the timeless character it has lacked for 30 years.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
What if a local business around central Iowa would go on the market to be sold in the near future. What if this very successful sole proprieter was to donate a large amount of money to Phase 2 or ISU Athletics. Would there be a financial benefit to the sole proprieter in doing this due to the large amount of revenue from the sale? Tax benefit?

Any financial advisors or accountants that can confirm or deny this benefit for the seller?

Just wondering,

Z

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa

I think someone is in the "know" here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron