Good riddance Starbucks

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I saw a taste test on FOX Saturday Morning Show and the coffee's tested were Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, McDs and another I can't remember. I think 3 of the 5 chose Dunkin Donuts and the other 2 McDs. Not good news for Starbucks considering that is what they do.

Reactions: cyfanatic

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Everyone knows that you don't go to starbucks,or as I call it 4 Bucks, to get a cup of coffee. You go there to get a caramel double chocolate mocha latte cappucino thing with whipped cream that tastes more like an ice cream sundae with a hint of coffee.:yes:

Last edited:

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
And I can do without the Starbucks "experience." The experience is crappy music and over priced beverages.

I don't go there. My coffee comes from Kum and Go, but that is the reason people go there. The coffee is good, but McD's is just as good.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I'm so glad I don't drink coffee. What a pain in the butt to need it to function everyday.

I have managed to avoid that habit as well. I do now drink it when its provided at certain meetings however to ward off the eventual yawns from 3-4 hours of sitting on my butt. I started developing a taste of the sugary cappucinos while driving to Co overnight. I prefer them to coffee but I'm sure the amount of sugar and fat in them in sad. I can't drink undoctored coffee though still.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
McDonalds had a mobile McCafe cart this weekend and were making them for free at the Des Moines farmers market. I didn't wait in line but people were saying good things about them.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have managed to avoid that habit as well. I do now drink it when its provided at certain meetings however to ward off the eventual yawns from 3-4 hours of sitting on my butt. I started developing a taste of the sugary cappucinos while driving to Co overnight. I prefer them to coffee but I'm sure the amount of sugar and fat in them in sad. I can't drink undoctored coffee though still.
I love the glorified hot chocolates they sell at gas stations.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
My Mr. Coffee maker with the automatic timer that I load with Folgers before I go to bed is ready for me in the morning and is all I need.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have a cheap coffee maker from Target. I don't trust it so I have to sit and watch it in the morning while it makes my coffee. It throws the occasional spark from the burner. It's a fun game to get you ready for the day.