Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Was it the week of the tournaments that it suddenly became an issue?

It was basically the decision-makers for WBB not wanting to play in Municipal anymore. So now it's WBB followed by MBB, all at Sprint/T-Mobile. 9 days of hoops this season, in a 10-day span.

Reactions: VeloClone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ah fair enough. Didn't realize that, but it needs to change back. Gonna be terrible for attendance in the women's tournament.

Attendance doesn't matter to the people making decisions. It's all about the optics of WBB playing in a big shiny arena (just like the men), and the WBB tournament "standing on its own" without needing the men's tournament media/fan spillover.

Both of these points have been tried in the Big 12, and both have failed miserably. And here we are, trying it again.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Other than the first bullet, which of these other bullets are meaningful? Honest question. The rest seem pretty “fluffy” (at best?) to me.

- Negotiating OUT out allows the league to be forward looking and begin the new

- Org design and Business Advisory Board allows for a more nimble organization that's ready to discuss and act on opportunity (MUCH needed)

- Pro day is fantastic for showcasing the student athletes and the conference. We have a perception gap this can help close and attaching NFL to Big 12 is huge

I could go on, but I should do some work

This is a blueprint for innovation and forward momentum. Blind spots for Bowlsby.

Yormark is a mix of business and entertainment that we desperately needed.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
- Negotiating OUT out allows the league to be forward looking and begin the new

- Org design and Business Advisory Board allows for a more nimble organization that's ready to discuss and act on opportunity (MUCH needed)

- Pro day is fantastic for showcasing the student athletes and the conference. We have a perception gap this can help close and attaching NFL to Big 12 is huge

I could go on, but I should do some work

This is a blueprint for innovation and forward momentum. Blind spots for Bowlsby.

Yormark is a mix of business and entertainment that we desperately needed.
Much of those bullet points are tied to BUSINESS and revenue opportunities.

Basically, he is turning a conference organization focused on athletics concerns, into an entertainment business entity focused on revenue and profit for the members. It's almost like a corporate turn-around effort to save a failing company.

• Winner
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Much of those bullet points are tied to BUSINESS and revenue opportunities.

Basically, he is turning a conference organization focused on athletics concerns, into an entertainment business entity focused on revenue and profit for the members. It's almost like a corporate turn-around effort to save a failing company.

As it should be.

Like I've said before the Big 12 was like driving a Model T and just happy to have a car.

Yormark is loading the league up for a moon shot.

Reactions: CascadeClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I didn't mind Heartland's individual grades, but I'll never know how they didn't give him a better overall grade. Dude gets an A from me for sure.
Straw poll: A
Willingness to try new things is A+.

I'm still on board saying the NEXT media deal will be the most important in his career (or whoever the new Commish is).

I have no information to support this theory, but I suspect the release of OuT had a lot to do with the most recent media deal (timing and or price). Won't be the case next time.

I'll vote on this in 6.5 years.
I'm also gonna wait 10-15 more years before I really vote. Too early to tell here.

Seriously, I do hope that we still feel positive in 10-15 years. A lot will have changed by then.

• Agree
Reactions: Big_Sill

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Does anyone else get Pollard vibes from BY? When Pollard took over, he had to make some major moves financially to strengthen ISU. He threw out a bunch of ideas, many of the were great! BY has hit the ground running and done wonders for the Big 12. Both of them really needed to solidify their organizations in the short term with a mind for long term growth/rebrand while fighting against larger names/brands. I would love to know if JP and BY have a genuine friendship as they seem like kindred spirits.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Was surprised he was unaware of the Trice anniversary. It'll be interesting if he exploits it for the benefit of the conference. That said, the media certainly has done its job in mentioning it practically every game.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Straw poll: A

I'm also gonna wait 10-15 more years before I really vote. Too early to tell here.

Seriously, I do hope that we still feel positive in 10-15 years. A lot will have changed by then.
Excatly, I'll bet the ACC was jumping for joy when they signed their last deal... time will tell.

Reactions: t-noah

Help Support Us

Become a patron