Greg Anthony is idiot

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
That is filthy.

I damn near broke my jaw when it hit the floor the first time I saw that dunk. He pulls that in from a good 4 feet away from the rim, after being at the 3-point line when the shot went up.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They both won those games on their home floors. Vandy has one of the toughest venues in the SEC (the layout really seems to throw teams off), and Indiana has one of the toughest venues in the nation when it's at its best.

But I never said it was impossible. Just that it's not all that realistic to believe ISU will win. I understand you guys feel you have a better chance than the experts are giving you; that's what fans do, and I'm just as guilty when it comes to the Hawks. I personally give ISU a 10-15% chance. But that still makes Kentucky the heavy favorite.

I have difficulty believing that many people held that belief, outside of the sect of Iowa fans who desperately want to see ISU fail (as well as UCONN fans). UCONN has been a dysfunctional team all year, and aren't the most physical team out there (regardless of their size). Drummond ain't Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis monster dunk - YouTube
But UCONN fans said Drummond was a lottery pick.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
They both won those games on their home floors. Vandy has one of the toughest venues in the SEC (the layout really seems to throw teams off), and Indiana has one of the toughest venues in the nation when it's at its best.

But I never said it was impossible. Just that it's not all that realistic to believe ISU will win. I understand you guys feel you have a better chance than the experts are giving you; that's what fans do, and I'm just as guilty when it comes to the Hawks. I personally give ISU a 10-15% chance. But that still makes Kentucky the heavy favorite.

I have difficulty believing that many people held that belief, outside of the sect of Iowa fans who desperately want to see ISU fail (as well as UCONN fans). UCONN has been a dysfunctional team all year, and aren't the most physical team out there (regardless of their size). Drummond ain't Anthony Davis.

Over 80% held that belief on "Streak for the Cash"....

Isn't there an NIT message board you should be tending to?!?!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Vanderbilt beat Kentucky at a neutral site (New Orleans) in the SEC tournament. The % of UK fans at that game will likely be similar to the % of UK fans at the game on Saturday (may be slightly more in Louisville, but still neutral site).

EforISU14

Feb 3, 2012
Ames
"Razor" Royce White cuts through the Kentucky defense, dunk over anthony davis, and then shaves the kids unibrow.

Royce is a grown *** man who won't be intimidated by anyone...he is an ox who can move davis around

can't wait for saturday night!

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Might want to check your facts, Vandy game was the championship of the SEC tourney in New Orleans.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That was the most befuddled I think I have ever seen Kenny. I seriously thought he was going to throw up twice. UCONN losing must have really upset him.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
But UCONN fans said Drummond was a lottery pick.

Matt Gatens is a lottery pick.

Do you believe me? Do I really need a jimlad?

Over 80% held that belief on "Streak for the Cash"....

Isn't there an NIT message board you should be tending to?!?!

Believing that UCONN would win is not the same as believing that Royce would get shut down by Drummond.

And for the record, I picked ISU to win and was rooting for them tonight, and will be on Sunday (ESPN - Tournament Challenge - ESPN's NCAA Men's Bracket Game - tm33_08 3). I'm just saying that any objective observer would give Kentucky a big edge in this game. For all the talk about Davis and Jones, the names being left out for Kentucky are Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. That team is loaded from top to bottom. Say what you want about Calipari and his recruiting practices (and believe me, I've said plenty about it), it's effective.

Again, I'll be rooting for ISU on Sunday. I'd gladly sacrifice my bracket to see an Iowa school advance and Calipari go down.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
And my bad on the venue for Vandy's upset. I was thinking of the game at Vandy when Calipari was ******** about the weird layout, and how unfair it is.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
Matt Gatens is a lottery pick.

Do you believe me? Do I really need a jimlad?

Believing that UCONN would win is not the same as believing that Royce would get shut down by Drummond.

And for the record, I picked ISU to win and was rooting for them tonight, and will be on Sunday (ESPN - Tournament Challenge - ESPN's NCAA Men's Bracket Game - tm33_08 3). I'm just saying that any objective observer would give Kentucky a big edge in this game. For all the talk about Davis and Jones, the names being left out for Kentucky are Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. That team is loaded from top to bottom. Say what you want about Calipari and his recruiting practices (and believe me, I've said plenty about it), it's effective.

Again, I'll be rooting for ISU on Sunday. I'd gladly sacrifice my bracket to see an Iowa school advance and Calipari go down.

These guys seem to think that:
1) Andre Drummond is indeed a lottery pick AND
2) Terrence Jones is NOT a top 10 pick

2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Not saying they're the end all know all, but....I think you know where this is going.:smile:

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
He also said the Kentucky bigs were bigger and stronger. They may be bigger as far as wing span, but Royce has some guns. Explain to me how a 7 footer only gets 4 rebounds.

Stronger???? Stronger???? A 230 pound freshman if that is stronger??? Do they actually want to get in his way as he slams the ball ( I have never seen anyone slam the ball so fast)? Someone from that team (UK) may actually be headed to see the medics as they hit the floor.

By the way, incredible rebounding effort tonight, absolutely incredible! I am sure the refs will be working against them hard Sat.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
These guys seem to think that:
1) Andre Drummond is indeed a lottery pick AND
2) Terrence Jones is NOT a top 10 pick

2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Not saying they're the end all know all, but....I think you know where this is going.:smile:

I'll give you that Drummond has a lot of hype. But he doesn't equal Davis in the eyeball test. That lottery is loaded with guys who have tons of potential, but haven't really played like lottery picks. I've not seen a guy with Davis' size and athleticism in quite some time in the college ranks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've not seen a guy with Davis' size and athleticism in quite some time in the college ranks.

I'm not worried. But only from the standpoint that ISU will either find a way or they won't. Playing with house money now, baby. Got nothing to lose so hopefully they come out loose and play like they can play with anybody.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Didn't read after the first sentence FAIL.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
I'll give you that Drummond has a lot of hype. But he doesn't equal Davis in the eyeball test. That lottery is loaded with guys who have tons of potential, but haven't really played like lottery picks. I've not seen a guy with Davis' size and athleticism in quite some time in the college ranks.

Agreed, Davis is the best player in college basketball, and should be the #1 pick in the 2012 draft. I was more or less addressing the sarcasm that Drummond doesn't have lottery hype coming out his behind. Also previous statement about Jones:

I don't see what the outrage is all about. Royce is a damn good player, but Jones is a lottery pick. Nobody in their right mind would give ISU a realistic shot against Kentucky.

Jones is good, but he benefits greatly from those around him and that he normally gets a huge mismatch playing guard on the offensive end. He's a better post defender than their Gilchrist, but that has more to due with his body type. Kentucky is long; I mean they're sick long(but I don't have to tell anyone that, ESPN has been saying it all year). Obviously they're the sexy pick Saturday. Heck, they should beat anyone put on the floor with them based on their talent, but they don't.

Back to the original topic about some slightly nieve statements from an NBA analyst. The truth is that the only way to beat UK is to make them play your game and not let them dictate tempo. If we play our best, that's all we can hope for. If it isn't enough to beat the best team in the nation, well that's too bad. That being said, I've seen crazier things happen and I'm proud of the job these guys have done this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron