Hakeem Butler 1st round

Cyfan1998

Sep 19, 2018
Right now I think the only thing Butler is lacking is the elite quick-twitch you see in a lot of the really good NFL wide receivers. But a guy 6-6 is never going to be the quickest guy around. Everything else he excels at if you ask me, and should be in consideration as a first-rounder.
Bulter seems rather fast for his size. My only concern with Bulter is his ability to catch the ball consistently. Besides that, he is a freak.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I believe he did a good amount of that last year, while Allen was at WR1. Hakeem is a bit too fast, and not a good enough blocker to be thought of as a TE. Size checks out though haha.

Agreed. The NFL is moving more and more into a positionless era on both sides of the ball, but even now it'd be tough to project him as a TE at that level. Not bulky enough to be much good as an inline blocker. I think a fair NFL comp would be a guy like Martavis Bryant, minus the drug problems. Big, lanky wideout with deceptive speed and serious big play ability.

Reactions: srjclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Even Fant is probably going to have to bulk up another 10 pounds or so if he is going to be regularly used as a blocker in the NFL. The guys he would be blocking are huge freaks that are ridiculously fast, quick and strong. Not to say he can't be a very successful receiving TE. Just if he wants to be an every down multi purpose TE he is probably going to need to get just a little bigger to be durable. Hakeem would have to get a lot bigger.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Butler will need to improve on the routine WR stuff/fundamentals. He’s just starting his junior season, so there’s time.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm