Haliburton has Mono

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I had it when I was a junior in high school. Severity can vary widely from case to case. Ive heard most people feel reallIy fatigued for a few weeks to a month. In my case the lymph node in my neck swelled a lot. I had a big lump sticking out the side of my neck. My spleen and liver also swelled a lot. I was consistently running a fever over 100. I missed over a month of school and lost over 15 pounds. The Dr said mine was the 2nd worse case he had ever seen. Let's hope it's nothing like that.

This was an almost identical experience to mine when I got it in high school; was out 3-4 weeks and lost an absurd amount of weight.

LowOverhead

Jun 15, 2015
Was SE Iowa
I got it while living in Helser. Roommate sprayed my clothing and my bed with Lysol every time I left the room. Does lead to rapid recovery...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What is THT wearing a boot for? Also is Zion's knee going to be ok for the start of the season?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
ConsiderateHealthyDungbeetle-size_restricted.gif

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I had it when I was a junior in high school. Severity can vary widely from case to case. Ive heard most people feel reallIy fatigued for a few weeks to a month. In my case the lymph node in my neck swelled a lot. I had a big lump sticking out the side of my neck. My spleen and liver also swelled a lot. I was consistently running a fever over 100. I missed over a month of school and lost over 15 pounds. The Dr said mine was the 2nd worse case he had ever seen. Let's hope it's nothing like that.

So close!! Better luck next time. ;)

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I see some are brushing Haliburton's and Conditt's having mono as if isn't a big deal and that could be the case if it is mild. It can be a serious set back for two freshman who probably wouldn't need to play important minutes but maybe could have pushed into the rotation. Both have thin long frames who needed to add strength this year to contribute and mono will limit that opportunity.
Haliburton in particular was turning heads in practice and pushing getting some time with the starters per Prohm. As we've seen if it a serious case it can be a major set back in Christopherson and Custer's first years (and if we want to look EIU McCaffery last year red-shirted as a result of the virus), We shouldn't just disregard this news until we see them back to normal.

BTW - THT already reported his foot/ankle is fine it was just precautionary thing and isn't expected to miss any time.

@JStrong0709 Noticed a picture of THT in a walking boot. I’m hoping just precautionary?
@TravisHines21 Yup. Not even missing practice.

• Informative
Reactions: jay moe

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Would have been nice if all these injuries and sickness would have happened in April instead of right before the season.