Happy 247th Birthday!!

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If I charge, follow me. If I retreat kill me. If I die, avenge me. - Unknown Marine

They’re on our right, they’re on our left, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us; they can’t get away from us this time. – Chesty Puller USMC

Semper fi Devil. We’re going out tonight with all our Marines and having a blast. Can’t wait to see everyone

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Recently Netflix had the sitcom Major Dad on which I loved in the 90's. I'd be interested in there are Marines who remember the show as to how well the show portrayed the Marines? I believe the producers worked with actual Marines to stay true to the Marine corps as possible.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Recently Netflix had the sitcom Major Dad on which I loved in the 90's. I'd be interested in there are Marines who remember the show as to how well the show portrayed the Marines? I believe the producers worked with actual Marines to stay true to the Marine corps as possible.

Major dad was a good show. Lots of Marine corps accuracy but a lot of cliches about Marines also. He did a good job of playing that character.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I haven't seen it.

The picture I've seen that best captures the spirit of the Marine Corps is "Tell it to the Marines" (1925) with Lon Chaney. I know a silent film is not going to be everyone's cup of coffee (Marines as a rule don't drink tea) but I was amazed at how true it felt from my own experience 50 years later: The DI; the private; the girl; the slang (albeit some archaic, e.g., Navy are "gobs".); the float; on duty somewhere in the Pacific; and a battle.

Jack Webb's "DI" (1957) is also pretty good.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron