Hassan Wards health

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Been out of the loop today (procedure) and have not heard anything about his shoulder? Any updates?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He looked pretty tentative when he came back in on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't linger. But it seemed worse than when they have to pop it back in.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
star-trek-hes-dead-jim.gif

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
It looked like a dislocated shoulder. I'd imagine it can't be that bad if he came back into the game.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
There's also minor dislocations called "subluxations" (can happen often if you've had a more severe dislocation previously) which is not typically a major thing, some annoying pain for a couple days. Maybe that is what he had.

But I'm not a medical professional, just my personal experiences.

Reactions: WesRuby

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
There's also minor dislocations called "subluxations" (can happen often if you've had a more severe dislocation previously) which is not typically a major thing, some annoying pain for a couple days. Maybe that is what he had.

Yeah, I had issues with this when I played. It feels like a shoulder popping out and back in right away. It's still useable but really sore. It happened lifting once and it scared the **** out of me.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
At first I thought it was dislocated too but then assumed it must be more like a stinger.

I also posted in game thread Tamin asked to come out of game early and he did. Almost looked like the "groin area." Came back in a few minutes later.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

True. If you actually dislocate your shoulder, after it heals, it is inherently looser, as the ligaments and joint capsule have been stretched out, are non-contractile, and can't 'tighten' back up, without help (surgery). So later, the person can suffer recurrent joint subluxations, and is prone to these.

If a person is a high level athlete, surgery is often the best option. I think this is why Fish had to have surgery. I think he dislocated his shoulder and wanted to get it 'fixed'.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Hason has ever had a dislocated shoulder, not sure though.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
At first I thought it was dislocated too but then assumed it must be more like a stinger.

I also posted in game thread Tamin asked to come out of game early and he did. Almost looked like the "groin area." Came back in a few minutes later.
Almost? Nah, it definitely did.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: Pat and JP4CY