Alert: Have to get rid of the "like" feature for a while

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
but back to the serious issue at hand - are Chris or Jeremy cat people? If we turn this into a cat gif thread, will their overwhelming desire to click "like" on gifs of kittens riding roombas bring about a faster return of our departed friend?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Well happy hump day to you too, sunshine...

I aint mad I couldn't care less if there is a like button or not. Cydude is a good dude. If people don't like him or me I couldn't care less. Speaking of hump day I have an appt next week to knock up my wife. Its in a clinic and its awkward knuckling one out in a cup and the doc doing his thing with her. We can't do it on our own. Had our first one this way and it worked the first time so lets do it again! Nothing like knuckling one out in a room with people knowing what you are doing! Now carry on with hating on me and Cydude!

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I aint mad I couldn't care less if there is a like button or not. Cydude is a good dude. If people don't like him or me I couldn't care less. Speaking of hump day I have an appt next week to knock up my wife. Its in a clinic and its awkward knuckling one out in a cup and the doc doing his thing with her. We can't do it on our own. Had our first one this way and it worked the first time so lets do it again! Nothing like knuckling one out in a room with people knowing what you are doing! Now carry on with hating on me and Cydude!

I don't think I'll need the like button here......

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Didn't ask if you were "mad, brah". Just commented on your ever cheerful posts. I don't hate you - I just think you're a real buzzkill sometimes.

As for the rest of this here? TMI. However, good luck with the procedure. I hope you're successful.

Meh, I am usually happy go lucky, but whining about something as pointless as a like button is a waste of time.
Other than that we will see how the procedure goes.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I didn't realize there were "minimum effort" requirements for posters.
There are many forums that require a post make some sort of contribution to the thread discussion. "+1" and "like" or "lol" posts are garbage posts that a) add nothing to a thread and b) make reading through threads unbearable. A general rule of thumb to take is to ask yourself if anyone reading what you have to say will benefit anyone reading it. If it can't, it should remain untyped.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Meh, I am usually happy go lucky, but whining about something as pointless as a like button is a waste of time.
Other than that we will see how the procedure goes.

Odd you should word it that way. Most of the posts WERE lighthearted, and made in jest. I don't recall anyone "whining". And honestly, isn't most of the posting done on here a waste of time?

I enjoy some of the banter, and some of the information. But we're not exactly bringing about world peace here...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
There are many forums that require a post make some sort of contribution to the thread discussion. "+1" and "like" or "lol" posts are garbage posts that a) add nothing to a thread and b) make reading through threads unbearable. A general rule of thumb to take is to ask yourself if anyone reading what you have to say will benefit anyone reading it. If it can't, it should remain untyped.

I must have missed that in the forum rules...

So tell me...who forced you to read the thread?

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I must have missed that in the forum rules...

So tell me...who forced you to read the thread?

I didn't read all of this one but the garbage posts that started in here have gone into other threads. I just looked for the forum rules, but a quick site search didn't turn anything up.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I didn't read all of this one but the garbage posts that started in here have gone into other threads. I just looked for the forum rules, but a quick site search didn't turn anything up.

Well, if it helps you...there IS a minimum requirement of five characters. So I guess a +1 or LOL has something else behind it to make it stick...

Seems like a silly thing to obsess over, though. Kind of like missing the "like" button, you know?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Odd you should word it that way. Most of the posts WERE lighthearted, and made in jest. I don't recall anyone "whining". And honestly, isn't most of the posting done on here a waste of time?

I enjoy some of the banter, and some of the information. But we're not exactly bringing about world peace here...

BINGO some people on here have NO sense of humor

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
but back to the serious issue at hand - are Chris or Jeremy cat people? If we turn this into a cat gif thread, will their overwhelming desire to click "like" on gifs of kittens riding roombas bring about a faster return of our departed friend?

They like cats. But they are waaaaay more into yoga pants.