Hawk Fan Freakout On Ticket Prices

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Story I thought worth sharing. Had 2 hillsides for sale on a diff website. Was asking $90 per ticket 180 for both. Had a guy email me offering $25.00 50 for both. I said sorry I cant accept that to which he replied good luck getting that much for them *******. I looked his name up on fb and sure enough he was a hawk fan so I wouldnt have sold them anyway. Isnt that about the going rate for tickets to the ISU IA game or am I way outa line?

In before Cool Story Bro.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That should be the going rate right now. I wouldn't sell them for under 80, that's for sure.

Take it easy on him though. It can't be easy trying to get tickets to the game on a burger flipping wage.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
I would say $90 is mid-high on the spectrum. Ended up selling mine for cheaper just because I wanted to get rid of them and sell them to a Cyclone fan. But $25 is just a plain lowball, weren't they face value like $50 or something from the athletic department? Good luck getting them half the price of face value AFTER they're sold out.

Oh yeah, Cool story bro.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
90 is completely in line, though if i had em and was looking to sell i might go $75-80 for a cyclone fan. Cheapest on stubhub is going for over 100, plus i believe you have to add shipping. And there are only a couple available on there. Go past those and your prices quickly go up.

$25 doesnt even deserve a response.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I fully anticipate hillside tix on gameday to be going for around $125 and stadium seats no less than $150.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Story I thought worth sharing. Had 2 hillsides for sale on a diff website. Was asking $90 per ticket 180 for both. Had a guy email me offering $25.00 50 for both. I said sorry I cant accept that to which he replied good luck getting that much for them *******. I looked his name up on fb and sure enough he was a hawk fan so I wouldnt have sold them anyway. Isnt that about the going rate for tickets to the ISU IA game or am I way outa line?

The tickets are worth what you can get for them. Sounds like hawk fan doesn't want them that bad (which makes sense cause you know, they don't care about ISU).

And, as always, Drool Story Co.

C

CyBer

That should be the going rate right now. I wouldn't sell them for under 80, that's for sure.

Take it easy on him though. It can't be easy trying to get tickets to the game on a burger flipping wage.

Hey now, they work at Buffalo Wild Wings too.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008

What is the going rate at other stadiums around the country that have grass hills for seating?

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Take it easy on him though. It can't be easy trying to get tickets to the game on a burger flipping wage.[/QUOTE]
HA

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny

Freak

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What is the going rate at other stadiums around the country that have grass hills for seating?

Who ******* cares? Hillside tickets for this game are listed at $60, and they are sold out. That means they are adequately priced at $60. Supply and demand (which can be taught in high school) will say that when supply is low, demand increases, as does price.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I'll let you try to explain economics to a hawk fan:err:

hahaha.. had the supply and demand talk with two hawk fans yesterday, who were complaining about this.. they closed with their "whatever dude" argument and continued to mock JT.. pretty classy/intelligent.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
hahaha.. had the supply and demand talk with two hawk fans yesterday, who were complaining about this.. they closed with their "whatever dude" argument and continued to mock JT.. pretty classy/intelligent.

They're entitled to compare the two stadiums because they went to an Iowa v. Youngstown State game in 1984 at Kinnick. Never been back, but damnit they are Iowa fans.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007

I realize you are probably 26 years old, living in your Mom's basement and surfing the world wide web on dial-up. However, if you really care about what ticket prices are at other stadiums with grass hillsides, skip dinner or your shift at McDonalds and take the time to look it up.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Sounds like he is buying time until he figures out if he can pay with his food stamps card.