Hawk Fan Freakout On Ticket Prices

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Makes sense, I just sold another pair of hillside for $90 to hawkeye fans (sorry but thats the only people that responded) and they were both out of their minds and needed their heads examined!

I agree, they do need their heads examined.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Seats anywhere inside the 20s were going for 300 as of a week ago. 90 for hillside is not unreasonable at all. Just because you found some sucker to sell their ticket to you for lower than market price doesnt mean that someone is out of their mind for buying or selling at market value.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Seats anywhere inside the 20s were going for 300 as of a week ago. 90 for hillside is not unreasonable at all. Just because you found some sucker to sell their ticket to you for lower than market price doesnt mean that someone is out of their mind for buying or selling at market value.

Anyone who pays $90 to stand on the hillside is a *******

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
As a hawk fan, I'd expect to pay 90 or more for these tickets. I think your story is full of sh**.

Fortunately, I dont get in panic mode and make a stupid purchase and overpay for a what should be a 30 dollar ticket. Here's the ad off hawkeyeinsider I bought the tickets from today. It isnt that difficult. Everyone looks on craigslist, ebay or stubhub instead of waiting for a local fan, who needs to get rid of tickets and isnt trying to pay the mortgage on his house with his tickets.

"Hi folks,

I have 4 tickets for sale for Saturday, 2 seats in sec H and 2 in J. I want the 90 I paid, no more. I am in Coralville. email is ****************or cell evenings , days phone"

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Should be a $30 ticket? You realize hillsides sold from the ticket office for $60. And in a sellout, face value isnt market value. There is a shortage of tickets, so the market value goes up. $90 is a completely fair value for those tickets.

Just because you've found someone who doesnt care about getting the fair market value for their tickets, doesnt mean that the average fair market value isnt higher than what you paid. ****, id tack on a $50 charge just because you're a hawk.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
2007 Iowa/ISU tickets. I don't know why you wouldn't sell as many tickets as possible but that was a year when ISU chose not to.

However, that was the season ISU had the highest overall attendance. The move paid off...